Chapter Thirty Five

I sit in the chair next to Tyler as he stares at me. I sigh.

"Where do I begin?" I whisper to myself as I rub my face harshly to hide the tears I feel forming.

"Im sorry...im sorry I couldn't help you, im sorry you had to go through all this pain. Im sorry I wasn't there for you when Jason hurt you, im sorry I couldn't make you happy. Im sorry I couldn't take away your suicidal thoughts, im sorry I couldn't make your parents care more. Im sorry I lied to you when we first met, im sorry I couldn't give you all that you deserve. Im sorry you have tried more than ten times, im sorry you have to leave, but Tyler, I am not fucking sorry for falling in love with you. Im not sorry I kissed you, im not sorry you became my boyfriend. Im not sorry we had sex, im not sorry I read your mind when we met, im not sorry I introduced you to my friends, im not fucking sorry I love you." I say as I start to cry.

I see Tyler starting to cry too. God I love him to death.

"Tyler, this isn't a goodbye. We will meet again, I promise. You will get better and you will be happy. Think of it as you going on a vacation...a long vacation...because god Tyler that's how I have to look at it otherwise I might just fucking go insane! Fuck the world! I don't need anything else but you...but I can't fucking have you because you need to get better...I read the suicide letter you left for me again this morning...Tyler I don't want to live if your dead, I don't want to breathe if you're not breathing, I don't want to exist if you're not existing with me...no im not sorry I stopped you from killing yourself, im sorry I couldn't make those thought's leave. I don't know how im going to cope without you...I don't even know if I will cope...the group is a mess; Brendon isn't the same kid anymore. The group is falling apart without you. Please remember, when you're gone and you're scared or sad or whatever, please remember us. Remember me. Remember me not as the boyfriend who couldn't successfully help you, but as the boyfriend who had an amazing partner. Tyler, for the amount of time I've been with you, it has been the best time of my life and I can't thank you enough. You truly are an extraordinary kid..." I trail off as tears fall from both of our faces.

"Josh, I-I love you." Tyler sobs

"I love y-you too." I cry.

"Josh im scared..." Tyler cries.

"I know bub, I know...im fucking scared too but this is for the best...for you to get the help you need..." I say as I hug my sobbing boyfriend.

"What about our relationship?" Tyler sobs into my chest as I lean on the bed.

"We will start it up again when you're out I guess..." I say sadly.

"O-Okay..." Tyler cries.