They're here

Daniel's POV

I stood near the campfire, watching the white hot flames burn into the black painted sky above, shards of crystal floating into the air above the silky heat. I tried not to be scared but every noise triggered my heart rate to excel more than I thought was normal. I remembered enough about my past life to know what a wolf was and how much damage they could do, the crazy death followers didn't really help to calm my nerves either. 

I was worried what Teresa would do if they had to make a quick exit, would that medication allow her to run? Was it that powerful? I didn't really want to think about it. Minho, Newt, Frypan, and Harriett (someone woke her up at some point) were out of sight, on top of the dunes to keep watch. I didn't know how they were able to see but I also knew we couldn't draw any attention to ourselves with torches, that's why I'm standing at the fire. I need to put it out. 

Thomas' POV 

We walked inside to find Kevin and another man in mid argument. We sat Teresa down on the nearest chair, she flexed her leg which looked a lot better, it was back to its normal shape and size, if I ever found Atohi again, I'd have to ask for that recipe. 

"Teresa? Your foot!?" Kevin exclaimed, kneeling down to examine her foot. I guessed the paste was because of the new technology and medical discoveries this planet had found since...I didn't even know which year it was. 

"A man named Atohi came to us and warned us of an ambush, something about a creed who believed in the god Anubis. They're bringing their dogs at sunrise. We need to leave," Teresa answers, ignoring his question. Kevin looks back to the other man; who was dressed for war in his camouflage, his large hunter's boots and a rifle slung over his shoulder. 

"Atohi? Native American name, a Cherokee perhaps?" Kevin guesses. Teresa nods, I notice Aris standing at the opening, ready to run to help Minho and the others if the wolves decided to stop by a little earlier. 

"And he fixed your ankle?" The soldier behind Kevin asked Teresa, who nods. 

"There is civilization up there, I guessed the Cherokees were still going strong. They are working closely with the groups who are searching the remnants of the rainforest for plants, herbs, and species that haven't been discovered. I'm guessing that's what fixed your ankle," Kevin said. Aris turned his attention back inside, his eyebrows furrowed.

"You're saying plants fixed Teresa's leg in less than an hour?" He asked. Kevin nodded, standing up. 

"You would be surprised at the herbs planted here, shows you the world still has a trick up its sleeve," Kevin replied with a smirk, Aris just rolled his eyes and turned back around. Teresa stood up, I still couldn't wrap my mind around the fact she was walking, she might even be able to run. 

"Guys they're here!" Aris yelled, piling out the tent, my heart rate quickened as a hundred questions swirled through my mind. It was the middle of the night! Why were they here so early? I grabbed Teresa by the arm and pulled her outside, everything was dark as Daniel had put the fire out, all I could see was the flash of torches that were being switched on. Screams infested the air, along with banging and...

I heard it close, the long howl of a wolf. Kevin and the other officer passed us, screaming orders and forming ranks. I slung an arm around Teresa's waist and ran towards the torches, she was walking alright but she was still limping badly. 

Minho and Harriett ran to us, their faces contorted with fear. I had never seen Minho look so scared in his life. 

"We tried counting the dog's man! We lost count at 74!" Minho yelled, my head spun. We were all going to die.