Escape part 1

A/N: These will be the last few chapters, I'm putting songs at the top to add emphasis as things are about to get crazy and if you have read my other fanfictions you would know that when I say crazy, there is going to be a lot of fighting, running etc. 

Please Leave comments on whether or not you have liked it so far so I can know whether or not I should write another one, :) Thanks xx  

Teresa's POV

I woke up with a cold surface stinging my back with icy chills. My hands were on either side of me, I wasn't bound. I sat up quickly; not giving anyone a chance to have the upper hand if I got in a fight. 

I couldn't find a door, which was strange. The walls, ceiling, and floor were all smooth metal making me feel like I had just been dumped in a box. The cold stuck to the steel and made it feel like I was in a freezer, which made my sunburn itch. 

Perhaps I'm dreaming. It would make sense considering how I felt numb, but that wouldn't explain why I was so cold. I thought about shouting out to someone but I wasn't sure I wanted to know who would come. 

I thought of Thomas, Daniel, and the others, I thought of Kevin and his squad who we had left, did he really let Jorge go to the town when he knew that was the direction we were going in? Or was he hurt and forced to let them go? I didn't know which I preferred the sound of.

Just then, a hole in the wall in front of me opened and a woman walked in, her hair was cropped short to her head and piercings infested her face, I could see the same barcode tattoo on her like I saw on the man who took me here. 

She had the canvas bag in her hands and a devilish grin on her face which didn't make me any more excited to see what was in the bag. She walked forward and threw it to me. 

I picked it up, waiting for something disastrous to happen. Nothing happened. I unfolded the cloth to see a small circular metal container about the size of a CD disk. It had something engraved on the front that I could just barely make out from the rust: Agnes.     

I opened the container to see a note but as I opened the note, I saw it was more like an official document. My heart sped up at the WICKED logo at the top, it read:

To the attention of Mr. and Mrs. Agnes,

We have thoroughly searched your property during the police investigation of the death of one of our soldiers. It has come to our attention that your daughter is classified immune to the flare virus that you both inhabit. 

As a government-run foundation operated to keep human civilisation thriving throughout this epidemic, our head offices have come to the decision to take the child to our headquarters where she will be protected and taken to the safe haven that is currently undergoing tests to reach the maximum protection possible. 

This letter is also to confirm that Helen Agnes- mother of Deedee Agnes, killed our private whilst on duty to collect Deedee Agnes from your household. Becuase of this, we will have to bring you in for further question and possibly a sentence for either manslaughter or murder depending on the evidence we will have gathered. 

Please do not expect us to take Deedee's personal belongings to the headquartes because that is not an option in this current state. Please have Deedee ready in fresh clothing by 5pm tonight where she will be taken from your care. 

Many apologies, Ava Paige. 

I blinked back tears and tried to get myself to wake up, this had to be a dream. I looked back up at the woman and saw a huge smile on her face, there was nothing happy about it. 

"Why did you show me this?" I croaked out, tears rolling down my nose. The woman walked over to me and stood behind me. I looked in the opening where she had come from and saw two more silhouettes. One was a bulky looking woman and the other and lean man. I held my breath as I was pulled up by the shoulders and walked out the metal cage. 

We were in a huge hall mobbed with people shouting, I couldn't think straight after reading the note that was still tightly scrunched in my hand. I guessed that's what these people were trying to do, trying to make me disorientated. 

I saw white cards in people hands as I was hauled through the crowd, outstretched arms tried to grab me from all different angles, this was an auction of some sorts. An auction for the immune. 

There were lines of girls and boys stationed with number plates around their necks, I spotted Harriet in the line, she locked eyes with me and we both passed an understanding. We were going to fight our way out of here. 

I was put on the end, closest to the right-hand side of the crowd. A man stood in front of us with a megaphone. He was speaking to the crowd about this opportunity and something to do with how brilliantly Egypt had treated them by giving them us. I zoned out and looked around for exits where we could escape, I found a door to the left, closest to Harriet, if I could cause a distraction, she could get the others out.

"We will start with our special guests!" The man announced into his megaphone, his hair was bleached blonde and he was slightly overweight. He pointed to a panel of four adults, all dressed in silk, expensive outfits. There were two women and two men, one of the men and both the women seemed to be wearing the exact same shade of purple lipstick. The other man was bare-faced. 

The bare-faced man pointed in my direction- "65 thousand euro for her," he demanded. My heart raced as everything around me spun, I was selfishly hoping someone else was picked first; at least that would give me a chance to figure out a plan. I could hear Harriet shouting in protest, I could see by her tone she was ready to fight. I silently prayed the other immunes were ready as well because as the man with the megaphone came towards me, I charged.