Be Better

Bongbong was having a bad day,running some errands and thinking of her and how will he get her back when his assistant knocked on his door and eventually make way for her.

"Leni..." He immediately stood up upon seeing her. She walked and meet him halfway with cold,blank face and handed him an envelope, "I need your signature..." she uttered. He frowned and revealed what's inside. "Annulment papers?!" He almost exclaimed.

"O! What's with that reaction?! Dapat nga matuwa ka diba? I'm setting you free... Para naman wala nang hadlang sainyo ng babae mo!" She retorted.

"But Leni! I don't want these... I know nasaktan kita,pero Leni can we give it another try? I promise that I will be better..." He countered.

She scoffed. "Bong naman! We all know that you're the one who ruined this marriage,you're the one who wanted this annulment tapos ngayon you're asking me to give it another try?!  Hindi ako tanga,Bong!"

"I know,Leni" he held her hands. "I know it's hard to believe me but I promise I won't hurt you again... Mahal, I love you... Please give me a second chance... Please."

"Anong I love you ang pinagsasabi mo,Bong?!" She withdrew her hands. "Hindi mo ako mahal at never mo akong minahal! Kaya don't act like you care because you don't! At saka,you? Bongbong Marcos is asking for a second chance?! Oh! Come on,Bong! Hindi lang second chance ang ibinigay ko sa'yo! Lahat ng klase ng chance ibinigay ko na sa'yo,pero ano? You chose to hurt me over and over again!"

He bowed his head as he tried to stop his tears,he knew that it's hard for her to take the risk again and give him another chance but he didn't want her to leave him forever so he tried to ask hoping she would consider. "Leni,I'm sorry..." he started to cry but wipe it off immediately so that she wouldn't think he's putting drama on it. "I know mahirap ng ayusin yung marriage natin but Leni I still want to try. I know we can make it,again... Leni,I'm deeply sorry for what I've done pero nagsisisi na ako..."

"Bong,pwede ba?! Tama na! Tapos na nga diba?! Dapat nga masaya ka kasi I'm giving you what you want! Bakit ba kasi ang hilig mong saktan ako?! Okay na ako eh! Nkakamove on na ako,tapos here you are again,asking me to forgive you!" She started to cry. "Please,Bong! Tama na! Ayoko na nang masaktan...Pagod na pagod na ako sayo...Pagod na pagod na akong mahalin ka..."

Bongbong can't help but to cry harder as he saw the woman he love crying in front of her because of him, he hugged her tight. "Leni,I'm sorry... I wish I could turn back time to when everything was perfect... Leni,I love you... I love you so much... Please payagan mo akong mahalin ka ulit... Please payagan mo akong balikan ka ulit..."

Leni cried in agony as she buried her face on his chest. She wanted to forgive him but she was too scared to try again,to scared to love again. She cried and cried until she made up her mind. She withdrew from his hug and wiped away her tears. "Bong,hindi lahat ng iniiwan pwedeng balikan... Paulit ulit mo na akong pinatay noon... Please,huwag mo na akong patayin ngayon... Ang sakit sakit na,Bong! Mahal kita! Mahal na mahal kita but now I realized that loving you was my greatest downfall..."

Bongbong felt the pain in her eyes,he knew that she's sincere with what she just said and it broke him. He wanted her again,he misses her - her smile,her laugh,her kisses and everything about her but he also knew that when he continued to keep her,she'll be hurt and suffer so he think that it would be better to let her go.

"I'm sorry,Leni... I'm sorry pero sana maintindihan mo na mahal kita and I will do everything to make you happy... Even if I set you free..." He uttered as his last words before letting her go. She just bowed,sniffing. "Just give me time to move on and let you go... Then I'll sign the papers..." He bowed his head and wiped away his tears.

Leni looked at him, "thank you...". He didn't look at her but he nodded. "I'll go ahead..." She bid trying to look and sound okay,he nodded again without looking at her. She sighed and finally leave his office. He cried again.

---

Bongbong and Leni are married for 3 years already, they started as best friends since college then later on became boyfriend and girlfriend that lasts for 2 years. They had a strong foundation actually until they both entered politics that ate their time for each other causing all the arguments and fights. They didn't even had their children as they are both busy with their careers,it triggered Bongbong to crave for attention that he found from another woman - It started from meeting each other at the bar,then comes the one night stand that eventually lead to something more. Bongbong found that relationship interesting and more satisfying than his relationship with his wife. Leni already noticed the sudden changes on her husband and she started to observe until she finally caught him with his mistress,eating lunch at his favorite restaurant. Leni was so devastated to witnessed such scenario,it broke her more when he decided to end their marriage and personally asked for an annulment as he was actually serious with his mistress.

---

Some people are meant to fall in love with each other but not meant to be together.

---

A/N: Another heartbreaking chapter 💔

💛❤️