Comeback, be here (4)

Bongbong woke up without Leni on his side. He felt nervous in an instant. A lot of thoughts occurred to him after remembering her said she's not ready yet. He rushed to his clothes and searched for her in the bathroom, but she wasn't there. He felt relieved when he saw her luggage neatly tucked beside the cabinet. He also observed how her skin care products are still in the vanity mirror. Where are you, Leni? He asked himself.

He rapidly went out of his room, taking the stairs while dialing her number.

"Hello? Good—"

"Where are you?"

"Ha? Nandito sa baba. Nagluluto ng breakfast. Bakit? Where are you?"

"God, Leni! You're giving me a heart attack!"

"Ha? Ano ba nangyari? Masama ba pakiramdam mo? Wait, I'll check your bp—"

But before she could make a step going to their room upstairs, she saw him already standing in the kitchen entrance. His phone still on his ear.

She ended the call. "What happened to you?"

"Bakit ka umaalis nalang bigla?" He asked back.

She frowned, "Nandito lang ako sa kitchen. I volunteered to prepare the breakfast para pag gising mo kakain ka na lang. Hindi ka pwedeng malate because people are waiting for you."

He took a few steps and hugged her tightly. Her face was buried in his chest. His eyes were closed. "Bong—"

"I thought I lost you again, mahal." He cut her off.

"Manang? Yung breakfast — ayy!" Irene jolted upon seeing her older brother and his ex-wife hugging in the kitchen.

"Anong meron— ayy!" Aimee followed her older sister to see what's happening, and there she saw with her two eyes the exact scenario Irene has seen.

Bongbong and Leni broke from the hug immediately upon sensing his siblings' presence.

"Ito na ba breakfast natin ngayon?" Aimee joked. Bongbong and Leni just smiled as they shook their heads.

"Hindi tayo na-inform." Irene followed causing them to chuckle.

Ending was, Bongbong went upstairs to get ready for the campaign while Irene and Aimee helped Leni with the breakfast.

---

Three days before the midterm elections, Leni decided to stay in the province while Pen continued with her clerkship in NCR. Leni made sure that she has freed her schedule right after Bongbong told her that he's going to run for re-election. She was even more right when he asked her to make time to attend his sorties and miting de avance.

"Are you going to bed already?" Bongbong asked through phone call with Leni.

"Not yet. Bakit? I'm still reviewing some cases. Pauwi na ba kayo?" She asked.

"Yes yes, pauwi na po. Can you wait for me to come home bago ka matulog?" He asked.

"Sure sure. Bakit, may mga dala ka ba?" She asked back, thinking he has a lot of new stuff from the sortie he went to that has need to be organized and tucked properly.

"Wala naman. Mga fruits lang saka mga chocolates and cookies. Inabot saakin kanina sa rally. Pero kahit bukas nalang 'to i-sort." He said. "Pero hintayin mo pa rin ako."

"Okay." She uttered.

"Gusto ko kasi sabay na tayo matulog." He followed.

She chuckled, "Clingy talaga kahit kailan! Sige na sige na. Ingat sa byahe."