Be Better (III)

A/N: I am back with a bang! I'm currently working on my first Dubredo fanfic. Hope you watch out for that. 🤗

---

What?" Leni asked the moment she opened her eyes early in the morning,Bongbong was staring at her with a smile. "Hey bakit nga? Why are you staring at me like that?" She giggled and tapped his chest.

He gave her a sweet and long kiss, "My new favorite activity is memorizing your face. I can stare at you like this the whole day. I love you so much."

She gave him a peck on the lips, "I love you too mahal."

It has been 5 months since Bongbong and Leni decided to move in back together on the same house after realizing that they needed each other and that they needed to be stronger as a married couple.

One afternoon, Bongbong was about to go out of his office heading to OVP to invite his wife in a lunch date but before he could finish arranging all the papers scattered on his table, a surprise visitor came to see him.

"Liza?" He froze after seeing her again.

She smirked and walked towards him, "Para ka namang nakakita ng multo."

"What are you doing here? It's office hours." He retorted discreetly shooing her away.

She circled her arms through his neck pulling him closer, "I've missed you babe." And she attempted to kiss him but he dodged. "What's wrong? You didn't miss me?"

"Liza please, let's stop this." He withdrew from her arms. "May asawa ako."

"And so?" She asked. "Mas mahal mo naman ako kesa sa kanya diba?" She pulled him again giving him light kisses on his cheek down to his neck.

He felt how eager she was, he knew she needed to be enlightened. "Liza," he held her wrists firmly stopping her agenda, "Stop this bullshit okay! Hindi kita mahal!" He emphasizes startling her.

She looked at him with teary eyes after realizing what he just said to her face, it broke her as she thought he could love her back. He sighed, he knew he was wrong but he didn't know what to do to stop her, "Hey, I'm sorry okay. I'm just being honest to you. This is a mistake Liza, you know that. Right from the start alam natin pareho na mali 'to and I'm trying to make things right. I hope you do the same also. Let's just be happy without each other."

She started to cry as she wasn't prepared to hear such things from him, "How am I supposed to be happy when you're gone? I love you so much Bong. I'm willing to be your mistress, don't leave me please."

He clicks his tongue, troubled on how to make her understand that it's over for them, "Liza, look, I love my wife,very much. And I promised her that I will be better. I have done so many mistakes in the past that broke her and every time I saw her cry because of me, it broke my heart into a million pieces. I don't want to lose her again. I don't want to lose her forever. I hope you understand."

She cried louder as she realized everything that he said. He already made a choice and because she loves him so much, she's willing to let him go. "I understand." She said between her tears.

He sighed in relief, "Thank you." He looked at her with sympathy.

She managed to smile, "Can I have one last kiss before I let you go?" She asked but he thought of it twice, "Please? I won't show up here again." She begged. He sighed and decided that it's not that bad to give her a goodbye kiss,he nodded. She smiled and leaned close until their lips touched for the last time.

"Mahal—" Leni's face turned into horror as she opened the door of his office aiming to surprise him with his favorite adobo but seeing him with his mistress surprised her even more.