BBM@60

A/N: Hello! Musta ka?

---

He smiled before he opened his eyes,he knew that this day would be special because it's his 60th birthday but his smile slowly faded as he found himself alone in their bed. He frowned as he searched for his wife around the house but she seemed not to be around. He found a note on their fridge,he looked at it and saw that it's her handwritten:

Mahal,

I have an emergency meeting at 8:30 am today. Sorry I didn't wake you up. I'll call you later. I love you.

-Leni

He sighed as he finished reading the note. He thought that she'll be preparing a special breakfast for him considering that it's his birthday but she seemed to forgot about it. Maybe she's busy! He thought and decided to prepare himself as he go to work.

He arrived at the Senate 20 minutes before the hearing begins,he saw his colleagues gathered in a small circle having some friendly talk,he approached them. "Hi! Kumusta kayo?" He started.

"Uy, Bong! Nandiyan kana pala!" Grace exclaimed.

He looked at Grace's reaction as well as the other Senators,they looked shocked to see him. "Oo. Teka bakit ganyan kayo makatingin? Parang nakakita kayo ng multo." He frowned.

"Ha? Ay. Wala. Ito naman! Wala yun,we're just surprised kasi maaga ka ngayon." Risa stammered. Everyone nodded.

"Okay.." Bongbong nodded slowly,quite unconvinced with Risa's answer. He was about to say something when the hearing formally begins.

After the hearing,he went directly to his office,he felt that something is wrong since this morning but he can't figured it out. He felt something strange as he noticed that nobody hasn't greeted him yet. Then he remembered that his wife hasn't called him yet,he dialed her immediately.

Mahal
Dialing ...

He attempted to call her for 5 times already but she doesn't answer. He frowned and leave her a message instead. He realized also that his daughters hasn't call him yet so he dialed them instead.

Aika
dialing ...

No answer.

Tricia
dialing ...

No answer.

Jillian
dialing ...

No answer.

He frowned as nobody answers any of his phone calls. He knew that it's already 5am in the States where his daughters are studying. He put down his phone and spent his time reading some papers.

It's already 9pm when he decided to call it a day,he felt so wretched knowing that his wife and daughters failed to remember his special day,even his friends forget about it. He knew it's wrong to demand from them but it's the first time that they don't remember his birthday. He arrived at home expecting to finally see his wife but the house seemed to be quiet,he make his way to the door and when he opened it,

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Everyone shouted with confetti 🎉

His jaw dropped as he saw his wife,some of his friends and his daughters surprised him. He was unable to move for a second as he was validating if he wasn't dreaming or hallucinating until his daughters came to him with birthday cake and started singing the happy birthday song. Tears are already forming in his eyes due to happiness he was feeling. As they finished singing,he closed his eyes and make a wish before he blew the candles. They all clapped,he hugged his daughters one by one and gave them a kiss on their forehead. "Happy birthday, Papa!" They uttered.