Never Again (IX)

It's wedding day, the moment they've all been waiting for. Everyone was excited and everything was all set for Tricia and Sandro's wedding. They were all settled inside the church waiting for the doors to open revealing Tricia. Sandro couldn't contain himself, he felt like crying and shouting due to happiness, he just wanted to marry his girl.

Finally, the music started to play and the doors slowly opened, there they saw Tricia, smiling widely in her wedding gown. She started to walk slowly until she saw her mom waiting for her.

She immediately hugged her mom, "Thank you, ma."

"Anything for you anak." Leni whispered.

"Am I late?" Someone from behind interrupted their mother and daughter moment. Leni and Tricia look to see who it was.

"Papa!" Tricia exclaimed and hugged him tightly.

Bongbong smiled, "I love you, princess."

"I love you too, pa." Tricia uttered.

Leni was a bit surprised to see him there at the church. Nevertheless, it's not her special day so she will set aside her feelings and act civilized for her daughter. They started to walk down the aisle, Tricia was so happy that she started sobbing. It's her dream to be accompanied by both her parents during her wedding, it's happening now.

"First, I wanna say thank you to you babe. It has been a long ride but here we are, finally tying the knot in front of our family and friends." Sandro started, it's their wedding vows. "So many challenges a long the way that we encountered, some broke us, some challenged us but we survived. We survived because we faced it together and now that I am finally going to marry you, I vowed to be with you in every challenges along the way, I am with you until the end of the line."

"Babe," Tricia started, "I know that sometimes everything seems exhausting that we think of giving up or quitting. But before you do, take your time off and look back, recall all the times that we struggled together but we still survived as a couple. For the coming years, I will always be by your side, supporting you, taking care of you and loving you. I will be with you until the end of the line." Tricia finished.

Everyone was in tears after the heartwarming exchange of vows. They can feel the genuineness of love and respect from the couple. Meanwhile, Leni and Bongbong was quietly sitting in their respective seats, they reflected on what Tricia and Sandro said in their vows.

"Leni," Bongbong uttered.

Leni looked at him.

"Thank you for allowing me to be here today. It meant the whole world to me. Thank you." He stated.

She just smiled. She was torn between talking to him and ignoring him. She wanted to tell him about Honey, she wanted to say sorry for accusing him of cheating.

"You want to say something?" He asked after seeing her staring at him quietly.

She was suddenly brought back to reality, "Ha? Um no, nothing. I have nothing to say."

He just nodded and focused on the ceremony again.

Leni cannot focused well as she wanted to talk to him, she really wanted to talk about what happened to them, wanted to clear out something about their relationship and know his side too. But she just can't initiate the talks because her pride was too strong, it's hindering her from talking to him.

——

Ninoy Aquino International Airport, PH

Three days after the wedding, they were all gathered at the airport as Bongbong was leaving again. His 3 month-vacation was over. It saddened them, they tried to convince him not to leave the country again and just managed their company here but it was no good, he said it will be easier for him and Leni to move on with their lives if they are million miles away from each other.

"Don't worry, I will be going home every Christmas." Bongbong said.

"We will miss you papa!" Tricia hugged her dad.

"I'm gonna miss you too princess. I'll see you every day via FaceTime okay?" Bongbong told her daughter.

Tricia smiled, "Yes pa!"

"Patty, di ba talaga susunod ang mama mo?" Grace asked Tricia. Leni was the only one who's not in the airport.

"Grace, it's okay. Let her be." Bongbong told Grace even before Tricia can answer.

"Di na ba talaga kayo mag-uusap bago ka man lang umalis?" Risa asked.

Bongbong flashed a sad smile, "Hayaan na muna natin sya, Ris. Mas okay na siguro na ganito muna."

They were silenced for a while sympathizing with what Bongbong said. It's hard for them to watch Leni and Bongbong's relationship turned upside down.

"Everything will be okay, pa." Tricia told her dad before leaving.

——

It has been one month since Bongbong came back to London. Everyone seemed to be okay now, they're back to their every day routine again except Leni. She seemed to be not in her usual self almost every day, she easily forgot things, became moody and easily gets mad and she doesn't smile that much.

"Uy, okay lang ba yang kaibigan natin?" Nancy asked Risa and Grace, they were strolling at the mall.

"Ewan ko dyan mare. Parang stress na stress na sa buhay nya." Risa answered with a low volume of voice. Leni might heard them.

"Hay naku! Alam nyo naman na di sya okay diba? Because of Bongets remember?" Grace reminded them.

"Wala na kasi syang sex life kaya ganyan." Nancy joked.

"Tapos malapit na yan mag menopause!" Risa followed giving Nancy a high five.

"Hoy! Naririnig ko kayo!" Leni interrupted their laughter. "Di pa ako menopause!" Leni retorted and they laughed even more.

"Alam mo kasi mare, wag mo nang hintayin na ang pasko bago ka gumawa ng paraan. You can go to London anytime." Grace suggested.

Risa nodded, "Oo nga naman mare. Okay lang naman na you make the first move this time. Wala naman mawawala sa'yo if you try diba?"

"Trueee!" Nancy agreed. "Saka mars, ang pangit pangit mo na! Para kang 60 years old. Sobrang stress mo promise!"

Leni touched her face, "Talaga? Sobrang pangit ko na ba?"

The three nodded simultaneously.

Leni looked troubled, "Sobrang dami kasing work eh."

Risa, Grace and Nancy looked at her unconvincingly.

"Oo kaya. Sobrang daming hearings tapos paperworks pa." Leni explained.

"Mare, follow him. Go to London." Grace advised.

"Ano naman gagawin ko dun?" Leni asked pretending that she didn't know what they're saying.

"Puntahan mo na si Bongets dun sa London bago pa yun makahanap ng iba." Risa said.

"Ano naman kung makahanap sya ng iba?" Leni continued to play innocently.

"Ay naku Leni! Dami mong arte! Pag si Bongets nakahanap ng iba, wag kang iiyak iyak saamin ha?!" Nancy slightly scolded her. "Get yourself together, mare!"

Leni was suddenly awakened. She felt like she was being enlightened, thanks to her best friends for making her realize things. For the past few weeks, she keeps herself so busy with work to forget about him. What she didn't know is that she forgot to take care of herself.

She looked at the mirror the moment she gets home, her best friends were right, she didn't look like herself anymore. She really looked like a 60 year old problematic woman. "I need to breathe." She said to herself.

To be continued...