New year

December 30, 2017

"Mahal? What's your plan this new year?" Leni asked Bongbong through phone call.

"Hmm? I don't know Mahal. " He replied sounding so uninterested.

"Huh? Why? Kami ng mga bata dito lang sa bahay."

"Okay mahal."

She frowned. "Anong klaseng sagot naman yan?! Ano ba kasing ginagawa mo?!"

"May mga nirereview lang akong documents mahal. Sorry. Uhm. Can we just talk about this later? I'll call you."

"Hindi na! No need to call me later. No need to call me ever! Magbasa ka lang dyan! Bahala ka sa buhay mo! Kahit text message huwag kang magtetext! Busy ka diba! Nakakahiya naman sa'yo! Bye!" She hung up irritably 😤

---

December 31, 2017 (11:30pm)

"Anong meron,bakit parang nagsesenti ang isa dyan?" Aika asked her siblings as she noticed her mom not talking that much.

"Ewan ko dyan Ate. Kanina pa yan ganyan,parang walang gana. Naku malas yan sa new year!" Tricia replied.

"Malamang LQ na naman sila ni 'Mahal' nya. Napansin ko kasi hindi pa tinatawagan ni Tito Bongbong." Jillian stated. Aika and Tricia nodded. Aika suddenly thought of an idea and immediately dialed someone.

AaaTito Bongbong
Dialing ...

After a while,the girls approached their mom who's currently slouching on the couch while staring blankly on her phone. They knew that they need to cheer up their mom.

"Mama naman bakit parang ang lungkot mo? Malas yan sa new year dapat happy lang tayo!" Tricia uttered happily.

"Oo nga naman ma,cheer up!" Aika agreed. Leni smiled weakly.

"Sus! Si mama nagsesenti,new year na new year! Kapag hindi ka nagsmile,hindi mo mare receive gift namin sa'yo!" Jillian encouraged.

"Gift? Anong gift?" Leni asked.

"Secret!" The girls exclaimed.

Leni chuckled. "Sus! Pasecret-secret pa kayo ha! Tara na nga,kunin na natin yung mga pampaingay natin. 11:54 na!"

They rushed to get their "new year paraphernalia" and get ready to welcome 2018. They were always excited to celebrate new year.

"5... 4... 3... 2... 1... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!" They cheered and watched the fireworks display over their balcony. They were all hype although they decided to just stay at home. They soon proceeded to Media Noche and savor the food and engaged themselves into happy talks.

After the noise and laughter subsided,Leni felt the sadness again as she realized that he hasn't call nor texts her. "Nakakainis naman!" She rolled her eyes. She felt like she wanted to be alone so she's the first one to bid goodnight and tucked herself into her bed. Aika,Tricia and Jillian just looked at each other after their mom locked herself into her room. They knew that she wanted space.

It's already 1:54am but Leni was still wide awake thinking of him. She didn't know what to feel towards him as he seemed to be serious regarding what she said the other day that he doesn't need to call or text her. She attempted to compose a message for him:

Hi! Happy new year Mahal. I love you ❤️

She clicks her tongue and delete her unsent message,her pride was holding her back. She sighed and locked her phone,she closed her eyes trying to sleep.