One-on-one

Leni went home in Naga for some of her appointments,she'll be scheduled to commemorate the EDSA Anniversary in the City also. Luckily,her afternoon schedule was free so she was able visit her Mom.

"Mommy! Kumusta? I miss you." Leni greeted as she hugged and kissed her Mom cheek to cheek.

"Okay naman. Mabuti nakauwi ka. Kumusta kayo ng mga bata? Kumusta yung prom ni Jill?" Sally asked back,they sat on the bench of their small garden.

"Okay naman po Ma. Mag-isa pumunta si Jill,walang date." Leni smirked. "Syempre bata pa naman wala pang boyfriend,wala din namang nanliligaw."

Sally giggled, "Kawawa naman ang apo ko,mag-isa. But you know okay lang yun nag-enjoy naman siya." She remarked,Leni nodded. "Ikaw? Kumusta?" Sally looked at her daughter as if waiting for something.

"Bakit ganyan ang tingin nyo? Okay naman ako." Leni smirked,she knew that stare very well. She'll be forced to confess whatever her Mom will be asking.

Sally nodded slowly, "Mukhang okay ka nga at mukhang masaya ka. Is that because of Senator Marcos?"

"Ma! Ano kaba! Hindi!" Leni almost exclaimed,she blushed automatically.

Sally laughed, "Sus! Tumigil ka Leni,halatang halata ka. Hindi ka magaling magsinungaling. Anong meron sainyo ni Senator Marcos? Palagi kayong laman ng balita." She asked straightforwardly as she was hearing news about them all the time.

"Mommy naman,wala... We're just friends." Leni answered, Sally looked at her daughter,unconvinced. "Mommy naman eh! Friends lang nga kami." Leni whined.

"Leni," Sally said seriously as she held Leni's hand, "I know that you're happy now,I can see it in your eyes. Alam ko din na malaking part nyang happiness na iyan is si Senator Marcos. I'm not forcing you to tell me everything or anything,I respect that."

Leni smiled weakly and held her Mom's hand tighter, "Salamat ma." And she leaned her head into her Mom's shoulder.

"Madam, excuse me po," Leni's personal assistant excuses herself, "May tawag po kayo." She handed the phone to Leni,her frowning face vanished the moment she saw who's calling,

Sen. Bongbong Marcos
Incoming call

She smiled, "Ma, excuse lang, I have to take this call." She excused and Sally nodded.

"Yes? Hello po?" Leni answered,she's still sitting beside her Mom.

"Hi! How are you? Saan ka ngayon?" Bongbong said following by a dry cough.

"Nandito ako kay Mommy." Leni answered. "Are you okay? Parang iba boses mo."

Bongbong coughed again, "Yeah. Yeah. I'm okay. Medyo masama lang pakiramdam ko."

Leni clicks her tongue, "Get some rest kasi,puro ka paperwork eh. Have you take some meds? Sino kasama mo?" She was worried.

"I'm alone here sa bahay... And no, I'm not taking any medicine yet." He answered weakly.

"What?!" She almost exclaimed. "But why? You should take some medicine... Babalik ako agad ng Manila bukas."

"Why would I even bother to take those medicines, eh just by hearing your voice makes me feel better. Thinking of you is my daily dose of medicine." He smirked.

She blushed, "Naku! May sakit na nga nambobola pa!"

He chuckled, "Hindi yun bola,totoo yun. I miss you already... I just can't get off you my mind."

"Sus! Ang harot mo Senator Marcos! Ewan ko sa'yo!" She suppressed her blushing smiles, "Magpahinga kana nga! Babalik na ako dyan bukas."

He chuckled, "Okay po, Madam VP. Take care, keep me posted. I love you,Mahal."

"I will, I love you too Mahal. Get well." She smiled and hang up.

Sally looked at her daughter the moment she finished her phone call with Bongbong. "Ibang klase ang friendship nyo anak,may pa- I love you and terms of endearment. That's nice." She jested.

Leni smiled shyly, "Mommy,I'm happy with him."

Sally smiled sincerely, "I know. And I'm happy for you."

Leni smiled, "Thank you ma. We just want to make it private para walang masyadong mag-interfere,you know naman politics." She explained, Sally nodded. "2 months palang naman kami ma, and everything's good, the girls love him also that's why I'm not having a hard time, except the fact that he's spoiling Jill so much." She chuckled. "But aside from that,everything's falling into the right place."

Sally smiled,she knew her daughter was perfectly happy with her current situation,"You all deserve it,anak. I'm always here for you."

Leni hugged her Mom, "Thank you,Ma." Sally smiled and rubbed Leni's back. "I want you to meet him." Leni stated. "Next time na umuwi ako isasama ko siya. Is that okay?"

"Oo naman. I'd love to." Sally agreed.  Leni smile widened so she hugged her Mom again.

---

Bongbong was resting alone in the comfort of his house. He has fever and experiencing dry cough also. He suddenly received a text message:

VP Leni Robredo
1m ago

"Mommy wants to meet you."

---

"These days, it's very important for a relationship to stay private. The less people knew about it,the less distraction and drama it will cause."

❤️💛