28

"Should we go in now?" V asked Sungrin while they were outside Shil's classroom.

"Let's wait a little bit more. I'm sure they'll be out soon."

"Oh, okay then," V leaned on the wall as he played with his fingers.

Sungrin turned to V. "Just don't make her fangirl over you too much or your other fangirls might know you're here."

V smiled behind his black facemask. "Are you worrying about...me?"

Sungrin gave him a look before glancing away. "They're out in less than a minute," she said.

"I'll wait. I'm good at waiting," V replied, making Sungrin look at him again.

"Yeah, right," she teased.

"Why? I'm being honest here," he raised an arm.

"Sure you are," she scoffed.

V pouted. Seconds passed before the door opened, revealing the middle school students, all hurrying out. They waited 'til Shil got out.

"Lee Shil," Sungrin called.

Shil turned to her, but only replying her with an eye roll. She almost walked out when V waved at her.

"OMO..." She started, but Sungrin shut her mouth before she squeals.

"Ssssh! We can't let them know V is here," Sungrin whispered to her.

She nodded and Sungrin let go of her. "But why is he here?" Shil asked.

"He just...I...I dunno. He just wanted to come and visit your school."

"Hi Shil! How's school?" V waved at her.

"Awww! You're so sweet V oppa!" she whisper-squealed.

"Uhm, excuse me? Are you Shil's sister? Lee Sungrin?" a teacher in her mid 30s appeared behind them.

"Oh, yeah, yes, I am."

"Let's proceed to the principal's office please."

Sungrin nodded as she followed the woman. V trailed behind her, holding Shil's hands as she fangirled over it, even though she was a little nervous about the reason why her sister is being called to the principal's office.

"Let's go in," the woman invited.

"Can he come too?" Shil asked.

"Well..."

"He's my big brother," Shil added, pointing out to V, causing him to blush behind the mask.

"Very well then."

The three of them entered the room. The principal in her 40s gestured them to sit on the right side infront of her desk, as the left one was occupied by three girls looking nervous with their heads down.

"It's not the first time seeing you in my office, Shil. But, this time I really needed to call your mother. However, she couldn't come so your sister came instead. Isn't that right?" Shil shyly nodded to the principal as V tapped her shoulders. "You're Lee Sungrin, right? Shil's sister?"

"Yes, yes I am."

"And he is?"

Sungrin turned to V and exchanged questioning looks.

"He's my big brother," Shil butted in.

"Big brother?" the principal asked.

"Uh, yeah. Actually, he's a distant cousin of ours. Hehe!" Sungrin said.

"Oh, very well then. By the way, these are the girls who bullied Shil yesterday, and to what I've heard, almost got her killed?"

"No ma'am!" the girl with curly hair objected.

"Now you're denying it," Shil rolled her eyes.

"You are overreacting," the shorthaired girl said.

"We didn't bully you," the brown-haired girl denied.

"Then what did I saw yesterday?" Sungrin crossed her arms.

They went silent.

"Listen, girls. Just answer me straight to the point: Did you bully Lee Shil?" the principal asked.

"No," they all denied.

The principal sighed. "Lee Shil, let me ask you: Why were they bullying you?"

Shil went silent for a moment.

"If none of you speak of the truth right now, this meeting will be adjourned immediately," the principal threatened.

"I'm sorry to interrupt ma'am, but I think we should talk to the parents of these girls first," V suddenly butted in.

One of the girls suddenly stood up. "Okay, okay, I admit it. We...bullied Shil," the shorthaired girl said.

"How could you?" the curly haired girl muttered.

"I'm sorry, I just couldn't take it," the shorthaired reasoned.

"Why did you do that to Shil?" V removed his mask, causing the girls to almost sink in their seats.

"Omo," the brown-haired girl muttered.

"Answer it now," Sungrin said.

But before V could say another word, the three girls kneeled before him with the heads down.

"Mianhe V!" the curly-haired girl said.

"We're sorry for hurting and throwing harsh words on Shil!" the brown-haired girl added.

"Yeah, we didn't mean to. Please forgive us. It won't happen again!" the shorthaired said.

"Hey, hey, stand up, stand up. You don't have to apologize to me. Apologize to Lee Shil."

"Wait...I thought he was..." the principal muttered. "Nah, never mind," he added.

"WAAHH! Sorry Lee Shil!" they all said in chorus.

"May I know the reason why you did that to my sister? Did you know that she almost die?"

"She was...she...we thought she was lying about meeting BTS."

"We thought that she was just acting as if she really knew them."

"And you think that's right to hurt someone just because of that?" the principal asked.

They all shook their heads. "No ma'am."

"Let's just settle this once and for all. Apologize sincerely to your victim and swear, deep in your heart that you won't do it again. Even to others, not just Shil," the principal said.