31

"Whaat?!? I thought you'd pay for it all?" Mika protested.

Suga reached for his wallet at the back part of his pants and revealed half of the price. "Both of us ate, so I'll pay half, and you'll pay for the rest."

"Aish! I should've just ate dinner at home," Mika stomped her feet as she gave Suga the payment. "And YOU shouldn't have said: I'M GONNA GET YOU SOMETHING TO EAT."

"When you say that you're gonna get someone to eat, it could only mean two things: It's either you literally get someone and eat him or...you are volunteering to get a place where you can find food. You're lucky I chose to find food for you." Then, he walked pass ahead of Mika without another word.

"Aish! This sarcastic person!" Mika stomped her feet.

__________________________-

Sungrin's POV

"SUNGRIIIN! SOMEONE'S RINGING THE DOORBELL! GO GET IT!"

"SHUT UP LEE SHIL! I'M NOT YOUR PERSONAL MAID!"

"Just go get it!!! I'm still busy here."

Aish! Seriously this kid! -_-

"Sungrin, your sister's busy with her project, you go get the gate. That must be Leeka already."

"Okay mom!"

STUPID KID! -_-

I ran downstairs with a towel wrapped around my head. It's still wet, so... Right, that must be Leeka. I opened the door. I saw two figures in front of the gate. The other one's taller, while the other one's just the same as Leeka's height. I took a few to steps closer so I could see who it was but...

"OMOOOOOOOO!!! JUNGKOOKIEEE!!!"

Shil was just behind me when I was about to react when I saw this stupid Jungkook beside Leeka.

"Oh hi~"

Tch. As if Jeon Jungkook! AS IF!

"May I come in now?" Leeka asked.

"Uh...yeah, yeah, sure," I opened the gate and gestured to her to come in.

Leeka proceeded inside and dragged protesting Shil with us, leaving me alone with Jungkook.

Well this is awkward.

"Shall we go for a walk?"

"Tch. What made you think I'd follow you?"

He smirked. "You really did become a bitter gourd after all these years."

I scoffed and walked pass him. I heard him close the gate as his footsteps started following me.

I paced, going nowhere when he walked pass me. "Let's go this way."

I didn't want to follow him, but I just had to. My instincts told me: maybe I should.

Memories began flashing on my mind as I walked by the tall grasses that grew by the walkway of our old playground...

Flashback

"Get that ribbon for me," she told Jungkook.

"A rope will do."

"Fffine! Just get me something to tie this with."

Ten-year-old Sungrin and Jungkook were making a mini tent made of bedsheets and a few bamboos to serve as support. Both had different opinions. A few arguments passed by before they decided to take turns in making it.

"Hey! My turn!" Jungkok said.

"But I'm not done yet."

"I thought we agreed on taking turns?"

"Urgh! Okay fine."

Jungkook stood up and took the rope and scissors from Sungrin and began working. Sungrin watched as Jungkook carefully tied the ends. He was quite meticulous and careful in every move he made. It took time before he finally finished the mini tent.

"Finished!" he presented as he glanced at the unsatisfied look on Sungrin's face.

"Why is there a dragon sticker next to my pony?"

"Why? Is something wrong with it?"

"No."

"Then what?"

"The position of the dragon is quite tilted."

Jungkook sighed and carefully fixed it. "There...Happy now?"

Jungkook's eyes widened and cheeks went red when Sungrin suddenly went near him and kissed his left cheek.

"I knew I could count on you~"Sungrin smiled and walked inside the tent in amusement.

Jungkook watched her as she cheerfully placed her toys inside the tent.

"Come on Kookiee~ Get your toys too~ There's more room inside."

End of Flashback

Jungkook's POV

I was nervous. I just had to bring her here. I just had to confirm it. I just had to know the truth. It just bothers me every night, thinking about it.

I stopped when in front of the tree we used to play around and climb on.

I gathered all my might to finally confront her and softly cleared my throat to start a conversation. I turned around and faced her. She paused. "How long have you been doing this?"

"Doing what?"

"Talking behind my back," I tried to put a blank face on.

"What are you talking about? I was quiet all the way here."

She's playing dumb alright.

I scoffed. "Listen, if you think that I don'tknow what you've been doing all these years...well that's where you're wrong.JUST WRONG. If I knew this was gonna happen after I left you years ago, I'dwish I never had met you at all. It would've been okay if it's just me...but it'snot. You're ruining others' reputation too. They're also human, Sungrin. Theyget hurt too. And yes, I hurt you...but not them. Sungrin, they've done done nothing wrong to you. Why involve them?"

I saw beads of tears getting ready to fall from her eyes, but I think she's stopping 'em to.

"Is that why you came back?"

"Not just that."

Sungrin's POV

"W-what do you mean?"

I asked him, but he just stared at me for a moment before I felt his lips land on mine. It was soft and was very tempting. I never knew that a first kiss was this addictive. But this is wrong. This should stop. I tried to push him away but he wouldn't stop. What's with this person anyway?!? First, he was mad...then in a second...I...WAIT...I ...I finally got...a kiss from Jungkook? After all these years, I've been waiting for this. But why now? Why in such awkward situation? Just when I hurt him already? I'm confused, Jungkook. I already hurt you too much. Why are you acting like this all of a sudden? What are you planning?