Chapter Twenty Nine

"Ready?" I called and Jordan stood up. "You look nice" he said looking me up and down and I nearly swooned. "You too" I replied softly mentally kicking myself for the biggest understatement ever. He looked amazing. Considering he looked gorgeous in his normal attire of tracksuits. Today's attire of Jeans, timberlands and a long sleeve polo made my mouth water. He looked even bigger than normal and I once again appreciated his size. I doubted a skinny person could pull off the look so effortlessly. He reached me at the bottom of the stairs and I swung the door open and prayed for instant death when my dad, Kieran and Reece all stood on the other side of it.

Dad looked so rough he was almost grey. "Dad are you ok?" I asked as he looked unsteadily at Jordan. "Who is this?" he said barging past me. "My friend Jordan" I said as Jordan lengthened his hand. Dad ignored it and stumbled straight into the kitchen. Kieran just shrugged and walked past also. Reece shook the extended hand and apologised. "It's been a tough night" I nodded feeling so embarrassed. I pushed Jordan out the door and closed it behind us. "I am so sorry jords" I whispered as my face flamed. He just shrugged. "It's nothin". I knew he was lying but he didn't look up and I didn't push it.

Back in the car the silence stretched on and I couldn't handle it. "Jords I really am sorry." I said earnestly. "Not your fault girl. chill I'm calm." I sighed and looked out the window. The warm pressure of Jordan's palm on my thigh was a nice surprise. "Stop overthinking. It's just how he grieves." I nodded and he squeezed my thigh until I turned to look at him. "You want me to drop you back? you ain't gotta come today." I shook my head fiercely. "I wanna be with you. Come with you I mean" correcting myself as jords lifted his eyebrows that tell tale smirk appearing.

Jordan paid for everyone's entrance into the zoo despite both mine and his mums objections and the day flew by. The laughter didn't stop all day and when Jordan, with a baby Mia balanced on his shoulders pulled me in to his embrace I forgot all of my problems. His mum was taking pictures at every opportunity and even Jordan who was initially wary of his mums enthusiasm got into her happy mood.

"Thank you for coming out today shy" Jordan said earnestly as we walked towards the exit. Mia was asleep in his arms and Darcy was struggling to stay on her feet as we walked slowly to the car. "its cool thanks for bringing me. and lunch and everything" his dimple appeared as he pulled me in closer. "you staying for dinner?" I nodded slowly not yet ready to return to my house and all the drama that currently seemed a thousand miles away.

The next three weeks of my summer holidays sped by. and just as alarmingly the speed at which I got used to Jordan scared me. It was like he had never not been in my life. Since the funeral I had spent an overall total of three days maximum at home each week. The majority of my time being split between Jordan and the girls. Dad was less and less interested in any of us and my whereabouts seemed to be either Sean or Kierans concern. Not that dad didn't care he was just in his own bubble he spent slot of his time at mums grave. or visiting uncle Roy. I don't think he noticed anything and it scared me. really scared me. Thanks to kayla, carina and Jordan I was really starting to enjoy my summer holidays. The trio had met a few times but for some reason I liked to spend time with them separately. Things with Rio were slowly dwindling more and more. He had turned up twice since the funeral and both times we had little to say. I knew I loved him and when I saw him my heart ached but other than my feelings there was nothing there. I sighed as I finished brushing my hair and stared at my complexion. what was I gonna do about him? I had slept at Jordan's almost religiously since his birthday and he couldn't be happier. we hadn't kissed since and although there was a building tension forming in the background we both chose to ignore it and focus on our friendship. He had been formally introduced to my family when he came to collect me and the girls once and they seemed to get on. He always cheered me up and I felt a brief moment of panic as I thought of the day ahead of me. It was carinas birthday and she was having an annual birthday barbecue. everyone would be there everyone except Jordan. I swallowed down the anxiety as I tried to reason.with my self. it's for the best, Rio and Jordan are not a good mix. forcing myself back into the present I repositioned my towel and then went in search of something to wear.

finally deciding on a floral high waisted pencil skirt with a black floaty almost crop top I pulled on my floral vans that were a belated birthday present from Jordan and my best friend bracelet that I had demanded he allow us to get. I had the best pendant and he had the one saying friends. it looked ridiculous on his huge wrist but true to his promise he had not taken the delicate material from his arm. I smiled at the thought and went to double check my quiff. reslicking my sides to my head so my pony tail looked smoothe. I had straightened my hair to make the high do look sophisticated and was very happy with my appearance. Not allowing my brain to register that I was making this effort for Rio knowing he would be there. nerves flooded my system as kayla rang my doorbell. I picked up my matching floral blazer and decended the stairs quickly eager to see my friends outfit.

As usual kaylas outfit bordered on indecent her shorts were tiny and her bob marley top was almost see through. I laughed as she squeezed me tight remarking on how nice I looked before talking non stop about her outfit decision. I couldn't stop laughing as we began our journey to the bus stop. Jordan's car screeching up beside us stopped me in my tracks. he jumped out dimple on full display waving around a piece of paper. "Jords what you doing" I asked confused. "guess who's legit on the roads shy" he almost shouted as I took the paper from him and confirmed he had passed his test. "oh my god jords congrats" I squealed. as he stood infront of me beaming. I pulled him into a tight hug as kayla clapped and asked for a lift to carinas. He was grinning so much and it was infectious. "Of course ladies" he drove us to carinas smiling all the way and I kept grinning aswell. pulling up outside he asked if I wanted him to pick Me up. "I should be OK but I'll let you know" "make sure girl. bye kayla" hopping out I waved and shut the door only to be called back I sighed bending to see in the window. "yes jords?" "you look really beautiful shy" my face flamed as I thanked him and spun on my heel.

carinas house was packed which was a huge achievement considering it's size and she looked amazing as per. Her platinum blonde hair was swishing down her back and her playsuit was the exact colour of her eyes. Her skin was a beautiful tanned brown and her eyes were glowing. she squealed when she saw us and ran to greet us. "you look amazing ree" I gushed before being totally over run by kayla "swear down theres this many boys here though carina. try snake the ting. is Chris here. I bet he looks hot. what's going on with the food. I'm looking some chicken. oh there's Chris told you he would look hot. imma go see my man bye girls. oh shit he's with Rio shy you gonna be ok?" I nodded laughing at her despite my nerves. "I'll be fine kay " I said. me and carina watched kayla approach the boys. Rios eyes searched for me in the crowd as soon as he noticed kayla. we locked eyes and I felt a jolt kick through me. I gasped not expecting it. He looked amazing, black shorts a red polo and black and red Jordan's with his snap back flipped backwards.

I sighed and broke the eye contact getting back to carina. she smiled sympathetically. "I hope today isn't too difficult for you guys" I nodded silently praying the same thing. "What did Cody get you?" I asked changing the subject and her eyes lit up before she dragged me into her house and upstairs into her huge room. She had flowers everywhere aswell as loads of cards and thrown across the bed was bags of presents. Searching through them she handed me a bag and then went to shut and lock her bedroom door as I lifted the tiny material out of the bag. Oh my god it was the sexiest underwear I had ever seen and my face flushed just looking at something so inappropriate. "Beautiful isn't it. We are going to a hotel tonight and tomorrow he's taking me out shopping." My eyes widened going from the wisp of material to carina. "Oh my god that sounds so cute ree." She nodded excitedly and we hugged for no reason. Then out of no where she frowned. "Shy what's going on with you and Jordan?" I blinked in surprise. "Nothing why?" she shook her head "I just don't want you to rush things you guys havent? you know?" I cringed and immediately cut her off "no ree we are just friends" I rushed and she nodded smiling again "good" I smiled back and folded the tiny lace material to put back in the bag. Someone knocked the door "it's probably kay" carina said as she jumped up to answer it. "Oh" was all she said as she pulled it open. And I swung my head round from the birthday card Cody had got her. Rio stood there. Oh.