4. Permanent

"Permanent"

Caitlin’s POV

I’ve calmed down now. I stopped crying and got a hold of myself. I shouldn’t be crying over Austin. But I still care and I feel bad about how I blew up on him like that. The least I should do is see if he is okay. Ya, I’ll do that.

I took out my phone and called Alex. I want to see if now is a good time to check on Austin.

“Hello?”

“Alex, hi.”

“Hi…How are you doing?” He hesitated.

“Good, I’m fine…I was wonder how um, you know, how Austin is doing?” I asked.

“Oh well he hasn’t talked to any of us since then and he has just stayed in his room all day.”

“Oh okay.”

“We all went out; he didn’t even want to come so he is still pretty upset.” He added.

“Okay thanks Alex.”

“No problem. Bye.” He hung up.

Since none of them are there, this should be the perfect time to see how he is doing.

I grabbed my phone and slipped on my vans. I started walking to the door, but then my phone rang.

It’s Sydney.

I’ve had like fifteen missed calls from her last night. And not to mention Laura last night. She texted me saying she was sorry she ran off and she was there, at the park, with her family.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Get your ass over here now.” She sounded angry.

I hung up and ran out to my car. I jumped in and started down the road.

Austin is going to have to wait. Sorry Austin.

***

“Come on. Quickly.” Hope opened the door, another gang member.

“What’s so important?” I asked as we rushed through the house, down the stairs, and through the halls.

“You brought the documents right?”

“Yes, of course.”

“Good.” She said and pushed me into a room I’ve never seen before. It was an office.

They were two desks. One Sydney was sitting in, with an empty chair next to her, and then a desk across from that one.

You’ll never guess who was sitting there.

Dave. I thought he was in jail! Maybe he was let out.

 “Hi Caitlin.” He said.

“What are you-“

“Sit.” Sydney told me and I did what she said.

“Obviously you remember Dave.” Hell ya I remember him. “Well he is in a different gang. They want the thing you have been protecting…And they claim they have it.” She gave me a very pissed look and raised her eyebrow. Why in the world would Dave tell the rivalry group that he has the blue prints? Somethinng is up...

“He doesn’t have them. No way.”

“Really?” He questioned me.

He pulled out a brief case and placed it on the table. I thought he was going to offer money or something, like you always see in movies, but he had something else.