49. Follow The Leader

"Follow The Leader"

Caitlin’s POV

I started speed walking to the door.

I got outside and looked for Austin’s car. Where is he?

Then Cam suddenly popped out of nowhere, scaring me.

He laughed, “Did I scare ya?”

I nodded.

“Well I have this for you.” He said and handed me a pink envelope.

I smiled like an idiot having a guess of who this was from.

I read what the letter piece of paper inside said.

Merry Christmas Eve! Love you!

I know we said lunch today, but something popped up and I couldn’t feel worse about it. So I made better plans for us tonight. You have the rest of the day off, I already arranged that. Tonight you need to look fancy, so Cam will be your escort to some stores. I want you to pick out a full outfit for tonight, remember fancy! Cam will bring you, he will be your ‘stylist’ of the day, as he says. I’ll see you tonight, love you! Have fun shopping.   :*

-          Austin

The envelope was still a little heavy, so I checked and there was one thing left in there.

I smirked and pulled out Austin credit card from the envelope.

The smirk didn’t leave my face for a few minutes.

“Ready to go?”

“Ya.” I nodded.

“Well, I’m your stylist of the day, and I would like to know…Where to first?”

I laughed and we were off.

***** 

“That cashier was definitely checking you out.” I laughed.

“No she wasn’t!” Cam laughed.

“Oh come on! She had a case of the googly eyes looking at you.” I laughed and cupped my hands around my eyes, almost like binoculars.

“Well you look at Austin like that, and he is definitely whipped over you.” Cam smirked.

“He’s my boyfriend!” We both laughed. “So I’m allowed to have googly eyes over him.” I mumbled and we laughed more.

We finished shopping. I got this tight red dress. Well it was two pieces, a very high rise royal red pencil skirt, and a tank top type top, with the fabric criss-crossing in the back. I got a pair of red pumps to match. Red is Austin’s favorite color, and hey…it’s Christmas Eve.

Cam adjusted the mirror and switched lanes.

Then he switched back into the lane we were just in.

I could help but think of saying something like, stay in your lane boy! But I refrained from it.

He adjust the mirror, again, and then started going a little faster. If I wasn’t paying attention to his weird driving techniques, I probably wouldn’t have noticed that he went faster.