26. Pull Of The Tide

"Pull Of The Tide"

Caitlin’s POV

It’s about a few hours after I got to work, but I’m not thinking about work much. I’m thinking about Dave, Austin, and the pregnancy test. I’m stressed and worried beyond normal.

“Caitlin!” I heard someone call my name so I turned around quickly.

“Ya?” I asked Cam walking towards him.

“Stacy had a family problem at home, so she told me to have you care for the patient in room 398. Here’s the paper work.” He said handing me a folder.

“Thanks.” I smiled and made my way to the elevator.

I walked in and pressed my floor. Once I reached the floor I stepped out and gasped.

“Zach!” I yelled because he started speed walking away from me. “Get over here!”

He slowly turned around and his eyes looked at me guiltily.

“Where are you here?” I asked pulling him to the side of the busy hall.

“Visiting a friend.”

“At this hour? What about Rachel?”

“It was an emergency. And she’s sleeping.” He shrugged.

I glared at him.

“Ugh. Fine. Just go home to Rachel.” I said to him and continued walking around the halls to room 398.

He looked and sounded pretty believable, but you never know with him. But what if he was here for one of the boys?

The next person I saw answered my question.

I could tell it was him, even when his back was facing me and his shoulder leaning on the wall. He was the perfect height to be him. His shoes and hair gave it away.

No one was really in this hall at the time, for some weird reason, so I grabbed the collar of his jacket and pushed him against the wall. He grabbed my arms like he was going to through me off of him, but dropped them when his eyes met mine.

“Oh hey Caitlin.” Robert said in the most nervous tone I’ve heard come out of his mouth.

“Whatcha doing here?” I cocked my head to the side giving him a look.

“Uh, seeing someone.”

“Who?”

“My friend.” He slightly looked down.

“What friend?” I questioned and he looked back up at me.

“You don’t know them.”

“Enough bullsh*t Robert. Tell me. I already saw Zach and he ran off. Tell me what is going on and which one of you is hurt.” I glared at him still pushing him to the wall with my arm.

“Listen Caitlin-“

“Is the person hurt bad?” I cringed thinking something really bad happened to them.

“No.” He shook his head.

“Don’t lie.”

“I’m not.” He confirmed.

“Alex or Austin?”

He stayed quiet.

“For god’s sake Robert, I have you trapped. I already know something is up. Are visiting the person in this room?” I asked looking at the room number that read 398. He was standing right next to it.