Sometimes you have to dance when no one is looking

Raven and I decided to take baby steps. He didn't want to scare me and I wasn't ready to get too intimate any time soon.

The one thing I learned was he loved to dance, especially when we were alone. He moved some furniture around to give us space. He took me in his arms and started to dance with me. Some of the dances were goofy, some were old fashioned and some were romantic. I remembered he twisted me around until my back was to his chest and he had his arms around me.

We swayed to the music just enjoying ourselves. Raven made me forget about my troubles and just taught me to let go and have fun.

He picked me up and swung me around as I laughed. Then we heard someone cleared their throat, causing him to lose his balance and us falling with me landing on top of him. We both laughed.

The guys helped us up and everyone joined in on our private dance party. It was so much fun. Who would have guessed, out of tragedy would come happiness?

As we danced my parents walked in and joined in as well. Oh, did I mention my dad dumped his girlfriend and got back together with my mom? Yeah, it's weird to me too. I guess it was bound to happen when your girlfriend complains about you spending time with your own kid.

After our impromptu dance party, we all went into the kitchen for some hot cocoa. Raven and I were talking, leaning against the counter while everyone else was talking.

At one point I went to the bathroom.

"When you are going to tell her Raven," Robbie asked.

He shushed him, "Robbie, in order to surprise someone, you don't tell them. You show them or it's not a surprise," he said through gritted teeth.

"I think she is going to love it," Trish said.

"Oh sure, just a romantic weekend with my girl and all our friends. Can't get any more romantic than that?" He rolled his eyes.

"Well, unfortunately with her comes us," Braydon said. There was no arguing with Braydon. He was extremely protective of me.

I came back into the kitchen, "What's going on?"

"Oh, we were talking about how Raven is going to ask you to be his girlfriend," Robbie said, not thinking.

"Robbie you dolt!" Trish shot him a glare.

I looked at them stunned and looked at Raven, who winced at the fact his brother has a big mouth. Then he grabbed my hand and dragged me into the living room.

"Yes, I was going to ask you, but you don't have to say yes. I mean it's totally your call. I will completely understand if you think this is moving way too fast and." I cut him off as I grabbed his face and kissed him, taking him completely by surprise.

I pulled back. "What took you so long?"

He looked at me with his emerald green eyes and smiled.

******
"She said yes! Hallelujah!"

"You are so lucky," Trish said, pointing at him as she glared.

********
"My girlfriend, my girlfriend, my girlfriend," he kept repeating himself.

"Yes, yes, your girlfriend," I rolled my eyes.

"You have no idea how long I've been wanting to ask you," he said.

I gave him a look.

********
"Three years!" They heard me yell.