Learning how to survive

Every day was a struggle for me. Just getting out of bed was a chore and having to attend a school I clearly detested now. If it wasn't for the guys and Trish, I wouldn't have gone. Actually, I wouldn't be alive. I didn't tell them there were days after the rape that all I wanted to do was end it. It had become too much for me.

But they all stayed with me, whether it was one or all of them. Someone always stayed with me. I think my mom became so accustomed to it, she gave them each a key to the house.

"I'm not going."

"What do you mean you're not going? You need to go," Robbie said.

"I don't need to do anything," I shot back.

"Molly, he's right," Hunter said.

"Whose side were you on?"

"Yours, of course, but this time I have to side with him. You need to go," Hunter said.

Braydon walked in and I walked over to him, "Tell them I don't have to go," I whined.

He gave me a look, "I'm not doing that."

"Why?"

"Because they are right."

"Whose side were you on?"

"Theirs," he answered.

"Thank you. That's what we have been trying to tell her," Robbie said.

I walked over and sat down, "But what if they laugh?"

"They're not going to laugh," Hunter said.

"But what if they do?"

Braydon walked over to me and crouched down in front of me, "Molly, they are Rape counselors. They won't laugh. But it will help. You need to go."

I looked up into his baby blues, "Will you go with me?"

"Yes, we all will and we will wait for you." He stood up and held out his hand to me. I took it and he led me out of the room along with the others.

We pulled up to the building and I got out. I sighed and walked inside. I was greeted by a woman who led me back while the guys waited. The entire hour I was there, I barely talked. She talked a little bit, for the most part, we sat there. I wasn't ready to talk. She scheduled me for another session for the following week

I walked out and Braydon said, "Well?"

"It wasn't terrible, but we didn't really talk. I'm not ready."

"Give it time," Hunter reassured me.

Time. Time has a lot of meanings. For me, it meant dealing with all of this. I just sighed. I didn't know if I would ever feel normal again. All I knew is at that moment I was existing. That's normal after being raped, right?

*****
At the end of the day of school, I was at my locker getting my books. Braydon and Robbie were running behind and Hunter was finishing up in the art room. I heard a voice behind me.

"Mmmm, coconut, just liked that night."

I dropped my stuff and my heart started pounding rapidly. That voice. I remember that voice. It was the same voice that whispered in my ear that night. I turned and came face to face with my rapist; Devin.

He got up close to me, "How about another go around?" He was quick. He had me pinned against the wall and I remember what Braydon said. Tell him no then fight.

"No!" I hauled off and kneed him right in the junk, then I pushed him down.

"You fucking bitch!" He groaned, holding himself and I ran only to get stopped by Randy.