Chapter 2 -

Dear Diary,

Its the first day of a new school year. I rush to get ready before my father awakes. I can't have him wake up and abusing me like he always does.

i quietly and quickly get dressed pulling on some blue denim jeans with ankle high boots and a long sleeved black top with a high neck to cover my blue/purple bruises. I look at myself in the mirror and sigh. Once upon a time i was able to dress myself in my fave shorts and wear cold shoulder tops, strapless tops etc. now i cant even look at myself in the mirror with all these scars and bruises. I know what people would think if they were to see me, that's why I'm no longer that beautiful popular girl, that life was all in the past when my mam and brother was still around but now i'm that girl who stays quiet unless i really want to give my opinions, and who people often get scared of. I wish i could go back...

enough dreaming bout the past i have school to attend. i apply some makeup cautiously onto my bruises and scars to cover them up... i manage to cover some up but my deep flesh wounds are still visible. its gonna have to do. If i leave now my dad won't be awake to torture me before school so i tiptoe down stairs quickly and quietly and rush for the door.

But i freeze. My keys were in the living room where my drunk dad was (lying on the sofa) clutching an empty bottle in his hand....i was hoping the door was open for me to leave so that i didn't have to wonder across into the living room to retrieve my keys but u and i both know that's not true.

Slowly i walk across. Daring not to make a sound.

Daring not to even breathe.

i walk over and grab my keys and i walk back the way i came.

Phew!

but then a strong hand grasps hold of my wrist. His grip tightens and a scream leaves my lips from the pain. A smirk shows up on his face as his fingernails though very short ,drill into my skin releasing blood.

"think you can get away that quickly do ya! well do ya!" He screams pushing my head against the wall and sinking his nails deeper

"No" i say trying to hide the pain

"good! now be a good girl and you say a word to anyone at school about anything your gonna see hell real soon GOT IT?" he yells

i nod ,my tears flooding down and he pushes me outside after opening the door and chucks my keys at me.

"Have a nice day at school you slut" he whispers so that passers by don't hear.

You may feel sorry for me but don't...I'm used to him calling me that and some other  crueler words to. his words mean nothing... its just the pain from his abuse that hurts me. I look down at my wrist nail dents clearly visible and blood seeping out. yep! no makeups gonna sort that out. i sigh.

i walk to school. trying to look happy so others walking by don't see my pain but i don't know if its working, they seem to stare and think I'm acting suspicious. i choose to ignore and walk on.

At least at school I'm safe.

Everyone hates school but me. why? well its obvious. cuz dad cant hurt me here while I'm at school. i just wish i could stay at school and not go home to my dad. It's times like this where i wish i was at a boarding school.

---------------------------

AUTHORS NOTE

Amy here.

i hope this chapter was good. I'm kinda scared to continue cuz its hard to write bout this stuff especially cuz i don't know what its like so sorry if  it sounds like i don't know what im going on about.

Let me know what you think. shall i give up on this book?

Thanks