The Phone

Mr Fletcher's POV

"Jack! the phone" i say

"oh this?" he says holding it in his hand "The battery's dead... I'm charging it up"

Oh you have got to be kidding me!

"why are you only remembering this NOW" the DS questioned. Are we really doing this right now?!

"that night Ashley passed out, she said "school bag phone", i don't know whats so important about her phone but obviously something on there will give us whatever evidence we need" I reply.

"Right...Jack as soon as the Phone turns on the pair of you need to find whatever it is we're looking for, rest of you keep searching. Somewhere in those boxes lies evidence to keep that man in jail for a very long time"

"On it Ma'am" we all reply.

After 10 minutes Ashley's phone loaded but her phone was password protected and we knew it would take some time hacking it and the fact that it was a word password and not a pattern or numbers made it even harder.

"Try Adam" i said knowing how strong their relationship is but apparently he's not password worthy.

"this will take too long, you know what? i might as well just try hacking it" he said as he connected a wire from the phone into the computer.

"It takes so long to hack as well, what about her mothers name or her brother?" i asked noticing the background wallpaper on her phone. It was Ashley with her mother, brother and Father as a happy family. It's awful to think once upon a time they really were a happy family, but all of that changed in an accident. Ashley didn't lose 2 people in that accident (Her mother and her brother) she lost 3 because the man who was her father changed completely.

"that might work" he replied slightly unsure. He enters Louisa (her mother) but that didn't work But Leo however did work and opened up a screen covered with over 1000 messages from worried friends and neighbours asking where Ashley was or if she was okay.

We spent the next 20 minutes uploading useful documents from her phone onto the computer and boy was there a lot of useful stuff.

We found awful text messages from her father and conversations between Ashley and her friends about what her father had been doing to her for years but the one that topped it all was awful.

A voice recording.

A voice recording of the night we found her.

...........................................................................................................................................................

Authors Note:

so sorry this was short..... and very late lol

so the recording has been found and enough evidence has been gathered up to put Mr Thorpe locked away for good.

next chapter is the final chapter and I am sooooo excited to finally finish this book and really just finish "A book" cuz I've never actually completed a whole book so whooooppp.

The final chapter will be long...hopefully. And its gonna be Ashley's exit from hospital and her return to normal life (well...normalish).

This book has been a strange journey. Hope you've enjoyed x

Amy Xx