Explain...

Mr Fletcher's POV

"Mr Fletcher? what are you doing here" she spoke my brain panicking. I wasn't sure what to do, what to say...I was just speechless and by the plain tone in her voice I wasn't sure if she was pleased to see me. Maybe it was mistake coming here.

"or should I call you father" she mocked. I laugh can't believe I got away with that father thing clearly some people are oblivious to what goes on on the news eh? Glad she's okay though and in a jokey mood after everything, and to think I was almost worried I needed to run out of here.

"Sorry about that Ashley" I laugh

"Nah its fine when that guy came in a few minutes ago while Adam was visiting me and said my father was here to visit I freaked out, so I'm glad it's you and not him" she informed me. Woah I had no idea...that explains the confusion in her face when I came into the room.

"I honestly had no idea he thought I was your father until I was outside the door, no one asked once what relation I had to you not even reception which." I admitted.

"sir its fine seriously, no need to apologize.... although you can apologize for the flowers you brought.... they look more miserable than me! no offense" she giggled. Rude Missy. Her cheekiness is the one thing I haven't missed.

The one thing I've also noticed is that this is the happiest I've seen her around me. Yeah she may have always been cheeky but to think that just a week or so ago, she was a student in my form who came in everyday with more and more bruises and snapped at me after school for getting involved in her life and lets not forget how she got into fights. But now.....wow now she's joking about with me despite what's been happening. shes really changed, really lightened up.

"anyways sir, you haven't answered my question, why you here?, wazzappp?" she joked.

Shit!

Sorry Ignore the strong language.

Well now is the chance, she needs to hear everything, I at least owe that to her and it's better if it was me asking not someone else. I know she's going to have many, many questions too so its best this way.

"mind if I..." I ask gesturing to her bed and she nods in response, so I sit facing her on the bed.

"I'm guessing you want us to talk about everything that's happened" she said reading my mind. God this girl makes talking to her easy thank goodness.

"umm, yeah...I just didn't know how to say 'cause It technically isn't any of my business" I replied

"wow, you remembered what I told you after school, sorry about pushing you away, I just hate having people involved" she explained. "I get it, I understand" I assured her. She's changed so much yet she's hurting so deep, and it hurts me seeing her like this.

"right... can I ask you about everything? Like what happened that night I...." I stutter flinching from the images and screams in my head "that night I found you" I finish.

I guess you can see why I was scared to talk to her, it's so hard to tell her everything because I can't stop thinking about everything I saw but knowing that Ashley went through this makes me realize how much worse the pain is for her. I only witnessed it, I'm scarred by what I saw but for her to be the victim is like a scar that will never go away because of the emotional, physical and mental harm.

"that night you found me, god it was horrible." She began looking down at the back of her hands that were covered in dark purple bruises.