A New Beginning...

Ashley's POV :

After what was such a weird visit from Mr Fletcher yesterday, I wake up to the bittersweet news that today I'm getting discharged from hospital. Why bittersweet you may ask? well I'm glad I get to leave this place. I've been so bored even my roses are dying but now that I'm leaving the hospital, and snapping back to reality, I have to return to a new life and sounds like a new home too since my home has been taken over completely by the police and not to mention how awkward it would be to return to school.

I'm interrupted by the sound of a knock on my door. I climb out my bed for the first time in ages, and fall giggling despite the pain. "Come in" I yell to whoever was outside the door and all of a sudden 3 people begin to run towards me...

"ASH ARE YOU OKAY?" Lucy cries as they all pull me up on my feet

"yeah I was fine until you yelled in my ear Luc" I laughed and she chucks the spare clothes she had brought for me in my face. Rude child.

"aww I've missed you guys"  I continue embracing them all in a big but weak hug.

"Are you ready to go ho- I mean leave" Luke tries to cover

"Chill guys, you can talk about the "h" word, i wont get upset, but yeah can we just leave already" I say searching for the nearest toilet to change as they wait for me.

"yep she's back" Adam mocks as I walk off.

....................................................................................................

We head down the car park and climb into Luke's car. Myself and Adam in the back resting our heads against each others while Luke and Lucy sit flirting at the front. They seem really really close...

"Are they dating?" I whisper so only Adam hears "you bet they are" he replies.

Cute! Not gonna say I'm not surprised, everyone saw that coming let's be honest.

The radio stops playing music and the voice of a newsreader takes over. "Latest updates from the arrest of David Thorpe as he was found guilty by the magistrates court and the case will not be taken out for further trials" Luke reaches out to turn it off before I stop him.

"No turn it up, I wanna know whats happened" I reply as Lucy nods and turns the sound up.

"After having previously struggled to find evidence to prove David Thorpe's acts, new evidence has been found on the victims phone and has determined the fate of David Thorpe. His time in jail is still to be decided."

I cant help but tear up inside. Happy of course because the man who had done this to me has finally been locked out of my life for good. It's all I ever wanted, and now that its finally come true I am so grateful. Hate to say it, but I'm glad sir got involved, I owe him one.

Luke drops me off at Adam's house since he lives closest to me. We walk into the empty house since his parents are out at work and his little sister is at school. It feels so great to be back in a familiar home although it's not my own. The familiar fresh scent of lavender made me feel all warm and fuzzy. This is where I belong, my home town with my supporting friends, my boyfriend and my school. I hate myself for ever thinking hurting myself like I did in hospital and thinking everyone would be better off without me was ever an option.

"I've missed you" he spoke

"you saw me yesterday when you visited" I blush

"I know" he said pulling me closer to him.