The Helper

Mr Fletcher's POV:

I run out of the hospital exit towards the car park after having been lost a few times but eventually i reach my car and I step into my Silver Mercedes Benz. I make my way out onto the road and set off hoping to get to the police station on time.

I arrive at the station and pick up my badge and place my teachers briefcase into my locker.

I know, you're probably wondering why the hell i have a badge and a locker when I'm just some school cover teacher but basically I work alongside the CSI team as a side job because a job as a teacher isn't great pay let alone the fact that I'm just a cover teacher. I don't really work here much so the team always treat me like I'm still a newbie and always call me "The Helper" but when i do work here all I'm really here for is to assist with things such as boxing up evidence from the crime scene and finding evidence and links at the lab.

So again not great pay but I love both my jobs.

When I became Ashley's form tutor and started noticing her behavior and all her bruises I guess my experience as a Crime Scene Investigator Assistant made me start treating things like a mystery which is probably why she was always mad at me for questioning her bruises and the fights shes gotten into.

Though now, I'm glad I did get involved because if I hadn't been concerned I would never have came round to her house that night and I wouldn't have found her, meaning she could have died. It was horrible standing outside her house hearing her scream, but I was able to just call my mate (a police officer) to come down with his team soon as. Ever since that night I've been helping out with the team boxing up everything at her house and trying to find evidence in the stuff we boxed up.

Only problem is we haven't found much and we have Mr Thorpe in a cell but we can only contain him for a very limited time. Without enough evidence we cant keep him any longer.

I head into the investigation room to be welcomed by the full team and now also the back up team who were all searching through each box and bag that was brought in.

"Anything?" I ask.

"Some witnesses came forward after we sent out that message to the news" DS Cassidy informed

"I told you it would be a good idea to use the news to get witnesses forward" my friend Jack called out who was watching over the CCTV footage I gave him from the school.

"yeah well its not enough, Luke Willows, Lucy Winters and Adam Heath are Ashley's friends so they could be argued as unreliable witnesses as well as the fact that none of them have actually seen her dad abusing her but have just spoken to her and helped her out in school. In court, Mr Thorpe could argue that Ashley had been lying to her friends." The DS replied

"So, so far the only witness statement we have that proves Mr Thorpe has been abusing her is what Jack and I saw that night which even then isn't reliable right?" i questioned

"yep" DS Cassidy responded as she continued to scribble down the names of my students who came to give their statements on her board which already had words like "alcoholic" with photos of his wine cellar and a photo of Ashley's whole family which had post-its saying stuff like "murdered wife and son?" and "or alcoholic because of his loss".

"How come your back? thought you went for a break because you had school work to complete" one of the investigators spoke.

Yeah okay...so maybe I had to lie to my team so that i could go visit Ashley but at least i can save the case now.

"i remembered something" i answered having a horrible flashback to the night when Ashley was laying in my arms.

When she said the few words that was supposed to save her life.

"well..?" The DS questioned as i had noticed the one thing i was looking for when i wanted to come here resting on Jacks desk next the his computer.

"school bag... phone" i remembered.

............................................................................................................................................................

Authors note:

Omg who would have thought it.... all this time Mr Fletcher was that helper who was at the house working with the investigators. WOAH...

I cannot believe after sooo long this book is reaching its end.

the next chapter is the penultimate chapter before i release one final chapter about Ashley's life after she is released from hospital.

I Cannot wait to finish this.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Amy Xx