All in a days work

Adam's house....

As Adam turns on his T.V his screen flashes with The headlines from BBC News, but pays attention to the latest headline

"DOMESTIC ABUSER ON THE RUN LEAVES 15 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER IN CRITICAL"

Shocked by the headline he turns up the volume though isn't surprised when the policeman has said what he already knows.

"why isn't there any updates" he moans to himself

after switching to other channels which give basically the same story he turns his T.V off and his phone begins to ping with hundreds of notifications. As he turns his phone on he sees over 500+ messages all from his friends, people from school he knows and doesnt know and family friends.

"OMYGAWD ASH'S IN HOSPITAL. WHY???" - Lucy

"WTF DID HER DAD DO TO HER. IS SHE GONNA BE OKAY?" -Luke

"sorry bout your girlfriend" - Unknown

"Hope Ashley will be okay x " -Jess

"sorry to hear the news Adam" -Dad's boss

"what happened to Ashley? poor girl. send my love" - Mother

And the rest, all similar messages, and since Adam can't go back to the hospital and he cant get anymore updates from the news, all he knew he could do now was reply to the 500+ contacts reaching out to him.

But how would Adam be able to reply to his messages? when most his contacts are asking questions that even he doesn't know the answers too.

Meanwhile.....

Hospital....

An hour into surgery and the doctors and nurses are still unsure of what will be the end result. Not wanting to lose hope they try and try again in hope of even a small chance she could survive and somehow revive to life.

"Okay last chance, scalpel!" the doctor calls out as the nurse beside him obeys and passes a scalpel.

"what are you doing doc?" a different nurse questions

"its the only option left" the doc said planning out the area of skin he wanted to slit

"your going to operate on her heart?!" the nurse gasped

"do you have any other suggestions cause as far as i could see, the defibrillator paddles (electric shock paddle things) did not work on her heart." the doc explained drawing  crosses to mark out the area he would cut.

"but we never planned this heart operation out, are you sure you can do this doc" the nurse questioned. "And she's lost to much blood already, won't this make things worse"

"i've done this operation before and im sure it'll be fine without the plan but yeah blood loss will be a problem but if i have you guys monitoring her cautiously while i do the operation fingers crossed we will be fine" the doctor replied proceeding with the operation.

But the nurses were still unsure. The only question on their mind was

how would she survive after losing lots of blood, multiple operations failing, let alone her heart not working? Is it too late?

At the Police station....

After receiving a phone call from an unknown source about spotting a man similar to Ashley's dad, hopefully even him, a team from the crime case head out in a police van to the location of the call.

The location: 2 hour journey away so he must have received help to get away if it is him.

But by the time the tracking team get there will he still be there.

or what if it was a hoax.

or a distraction.

Worried of all the possibilities, while the Tracking team begin their journey, extra police members are sent to Ashley's house where the CSI team are still working in case of any entry from Mr Thorpe trying to take anything. Also , another 2 policemen sent to the hospital to make sure no one visits Ashley without permission especially Mr Thorpe.

Only question is, will that stop Mr Thorpe?

........................................................................................................................................

Authors note

woahhh a lot happening in 3 different scenes in a short chapter. And so many questions left to ask.

its still unsure whether Ash will survive and the hunt for Mr Thorpe isn't looking good either is it?

what do you think?

hope you enjoyed the chapter.

what on earths gonna happen next....

Amy Xx