Evidence.....

Its been 2 hours since the call from the tracking team which means the tracking team have either arrived or nearly arrived back in the city....with or without Mr Thorpe.

In the mean time, the CSI team proceed with boxing anything from the house that might be used as evidence but the search seems useless.

"We've placed as much as we possibly can in the vans, only one van left, i think its best if we call it a day" the lead investigator said noticing its already almost 9pm and they'd been working since early morning.

"No! none of us have spotted solid evidence....there's got to be something we're missing?!" a man helping the investigation pleaded, not wanting to give up

"then maybe we got it all wrong...."a police man said watching on

"what do you mea..."

"okay fine....you 4 stay here and continue boxing whatever else you can find while the rest of us head of to the station ready for analysis" the investigator interrupted appointing the man helping out, the police man, and two other investigators on search duty.

"how long are you giving us?" the man asked

"your shifts end at 11 but if you wish to continue i wont stop you....i want everything boxed and sealed." The lead investigator said before climbing into the passenger seat of one of the many vans available and one by one each van disappears into the distance.

this is going to be a long night....

Back at the police station the tracking team arrived with none other than Mr Thorpe himself. Currently he is being questioned for domestic violence.

head DS Cassidy enters the room for questioning. She sits opposite him placing her notepad and pen on the desk and taps the record button on the listening device while the other officers on the case watch and listen.

"So Mr Thorpe, would you like to tell me what relation you have to Ashley"

"Her Father" he said through gritted teeth

"right...and how would you describe your relationship with her? do you argue?"

"what sorta question is that?! No Comment!!" he laughed

"Your daughter was left in a critical state and admitted into hospital, i have the right to ask you all the questions i want" she slammed

"why did you flee when we came?" she questioned

"No Comment" he laughed

"shall i guess why?! because you were abusing your daughter and when we came knocking you fled the scene not wanting to get caught. RIGHT?!" she hissed

"No Comment"

"Saying no comment doesn't help you, it will just make your punishment worse."

"DO YOUR WORST....you don't have fucking evidence" he laughed

"fatal injuries, Father fleeing and the fact that a fellow police officer along with a witness believed they saw you with her crutch potentially strangling her says otherwise." the officer responded "I think its best if you admit it"

"ha i admit nothing. THEY SAW NOTHING...they just assumed that because i had a crutch in my hand when the door was knocked down....and even if what they said was true...none of that is solid evidence....bitch you have nothing on me ADMIT IT!" he replied and unfortunately he was right, he knew he was winning, yet again.

A man enters the room...

"lower your voice before i have you put in jail and do not swear at me" DS Cassidy warns

"Oh But Officer, sorry...DS Cassidy, i do hope you're not questioning someone without their lawyer." he says walking over to sit next to Mr Thorpe and places a brief case on the desk.

"Its just that, clients should have their lawyer with them during any interrogation am i right?" the man reminded.

Mr Thorpe's smug face pulled the evilest smirk....the man was smart, he knew he needed back-up if he ever got arrested and must have had a lawyer ready when he ran off.

"So have you got any evidence for my client being the reason Miss Ashley Thorpe is in hospital or is this another waste off time you officers call 'procedure'...'cause judging by the time on your recording, you only have another 23hours and 15 minutes left to hold him in the station"

"Yes i am well aware of the 24 hour hold" she snapped

"good, then no more questions" the man smiled before leaving the room followed by DS Cassidy escorting Mr Thorpe to a cell.

Without sufficient evidence and time ticking, Mr Thorpe is allowed to leave in approximately 23 hours. This is the one chance they have...but is time to short. Its all down to the CSI team to find something....anything. Anything that can allow them to hold Mr Thorpe in his cell for longer than those 23 hours.

..................................................................................................................................................................

Authors Note

oh how great....

So looks like Mr Thorpe is going to get away with everything as per usual

And if no evidence is found he can walk free while Ashley is still suffering in hospital

also.....how on earth did Mr Thorpe manage to get himself a lawyer...hes such a scary character

anyways...hope you enjoyed the chapter....

Amy Xx