The Neighbor

I wake up in the best mood ever. I go in my bathroom and wash up. I put on my deodorant, lotion, brush my teeth and spray perfume on me. I put on some black high waisted shorts. I put on a white shirt that said 'Make Me Your Aphrodite' with a picture of the Egyptian Katy Perry. Then I put in some black and white vans on. I grab my penny board. And head down stairs. My mom was cooking breakfast. The aroma of waffles picked me up and the sent me into the kitchen. I grab a plate and I begin to eat.

--

When I was finished eating I looked at my penny board.

"Mom can I go to the park at the end of the block?" I asked with a smile.

"Sure it's a good neighborhood, don't get into any trouble." She said.

"I won't and thanks." I said to her and grabbed my board and ran out the front door.

I begin to board down the block. When I get closer I get excited. It's like a skate park connected. I excited continue to board down to the park. I reach it and I begin to board on the ramps and everything. I practiced a few tricks, I've gotten good. I then see someone coming towards the park. Fuck. I'm not antisocial or anything but I really don't want to be bothered. And this is what I'm talking about, I'm giving up on making friends before I even do.

He started to get closer to the park. He could really board though. Then suddenly he came up to me.

"The names Nash." He said said.

He was so cocky. I heard it in his voice.

"Bobby." I say then hopping back on my board.

I then try to do a trick and I fell.

"Are you ok." He says coming up to me.

He held out his hand and I looked up to him. I grabbed his hand. I didn't notice but he had blue eyes. They were like really blue. I stood back up. I laughed a bit.

"Yeah I'm good nothing I can't brush off my shoulder." I said, I sounded like a tomboy but I wasn't really.

"You're a tough one huh?" He asked laughing a little, waiting for an answer.

What was that supposed to mean? But I didn't answer and kept boarding. I did a few more tricks without falling. Then in the distance I seen a boy running towards the park. As he gets closer I heard what he was yelling.

"Nash!" He yelled.

Here comes another one. I just continue to board when he starts whispering to Nash. Ugh I hate when people whisper in front of me, make me think they're talking about me but hey it's not like it's ever going to go away.

"Ayee you." He yelled.

I guess he was talking to me but I kept boarding, if he wants to get my attention that's not the way.

"Umm my names Hayes." He said smiling at me.

"Uhh Bobby." I say.

"I've never seen you around here, You new here?" he asked with a smile and a wink.

What is he like 10.

"Uh yeah but I was just leaving." I say and hopped back on my board and began home.

"Bye." I heard them yell.

I just waved and started home. When I was close I hopped off my board and ran to the door. I took it upstairs with me. It was already 11. I had been up at the park for at least a hour. I take my phone out my pocket and FaceTime David.

--

"Bobbyyyy" I hear my mom call from downstairs.

"Yessss." I yell back.