dulcet decor

dulcet decor

october17twenty17

lesser, I lay. sun scarred burns on my face. pulling ribbons to unveil a more disastrous turn of events, the ringmaster grins.

so many say I'm a freakshow and desperately need it to be true. the truth is that we're all freaks, and to put the extraordinarily freaky on display for entertainment is simply barbaric.

so I'll say I'm scenery. walk by me, notice my quirks, never know me, never know the pain burrowed all inside. I'm scenery, because to complete the set you need a proper background. so delicately important that it's brushed off.

ringmaster raises an eyebrow at my words, scenery can't steal my show. tinted up with flash and lighting, the background's up front now. highlighting the margins. only stars can lead their way, scenery's no joke.

I wish that the tumultuous ocean of my thoughts would rock me to sleep, but they are so violent that they shake me head to toe. how could scenery be so chaotic..

calendar's marked in black, mulled colors all come back. styled in floral, oh how horrible, I'd hate to rain and kill the music.

oceanside is lullabying me to an early grave. I lay on the sand, alone - I hate the beach. scenery's a pipe dream, give it up.

blend, for now. let your reds and blues make purple and fall asleep.