path to brighter lights

march5twenty18

light, light, light. catch a hot breath of air on an electrified feeling. spark a fire of illness and throw in demise to go up with the smoke, up in flames.

dragging. wait, no - appearances warped through funhouse mirrors. pulling, marching, moving forward - distortion is called out for its lack of clarity more often.

still a great deal of dark heart. it does appear that I'm Lucifer incarnate, but I'm honestly a truthteller speaking the wrong kinds of truths. nobody wants to hear about the broken brains, for it bites at those who don't know it yet.

I'm not. let's sigh into meadows of flowers and talk about petals of life. pink sunset overhead as I smile through a time where smiles were ostrasized.

braid me into times where I did not need sunshine in the sky to feel its warmth; into a future of sunflower seeds along twilight nights spent deep in conversation.

pop bubbles that lift me off into the sky, help me catch them all before they're too high up. keep my pace, but don't worry.

there is a future along this brightening path, where the field's flowers are not withered but rather prosperous and luscious.

where the sun shines bright in my pocket regardless of whether or not it is in the sky.