lingering twinkle

lingering twinkle

august26twenty18

see a sky so filled with the great yonder, so delightfully packed with clouds wisping away faster than dreams can make their marks. painting clockwork colors all over the place, a representation that we may never be able to recognize.

dance with the lights off and hold someone closer, stand on your tip toes and feel the moon's blessing. bring your heart to a standstill with the pounding of a million dying stars.

find your world in a pair of eyes that know no bounds. for circumnavigating the globe could do nothing as long as you lay in their arms. another million stars to you, my love.

it might have been so long ago, when rosy cheeks grinned wide. peppery smiles, laid thick through hours of lucid dreamerings.

perhaps clouds were just the remnants of the stars. the dying breaths sent out to us, the swirling wishes left untold. puffed along to our mortal planet, participating in our water cycle and becoming one the rest of us.

the scent of adventure lies deep within a treasure chest of intoxication, smudged lipstick and some plane tickets to the center of nowhere. a liar's anthem and a bottle of joy.

the light of the deceasing stars, the rose gold flavor of the sky, I'll lay longingly in search for you.