love is all you

love is all you

october11twenty18

and a year ago, we were the sky.

there are no words left to pluck from the pain, for I've scraped the empty dry of evrry descriptive set of words to put something so undescribable into barely coherancy. I've recycled, I've slipped into nonsense, I've even oversimplified.

but to this day I feel the hurt of being cast out to the ground, where I've lain waiting for some sort of miracle. time passage stings, for as with many things, nothing will ever be the same as it was three hundred and sixty five nights ago.

I sensed a trouble air in your last goodnight, worrisome circumstance had my heart double time. nothing is more clear when your entire perspective is turned upside down.

and suddenly I was stuck on the outside, unable to look in. through months of leaning tears against the one-way glass, through all my fruitless efforts to make a dent.

the most insurmountable of all pain is the inability to help you, in any way. I wish on every star that you haven't cried as many tears as I have, but I cannot know, and I cannot heal. this is what causes present tears.

clarity was always low priority, but never with you. we were everything I could have ever dreamed of and more, even though the time is slipping out of my grasp, the memories fading into bruises. poking at bruises has never been a good idea, but the loss of yesterday has never made me feel more alive. (except for you, of course.)

I still grieve as much as I did rewinding a year, it snuck up on me. losing sight in confusing colors could never shade me otherwise. my heart aches even though I've finally lifted my toes off of the pedal, a sustainment that goes beyond any individual action I could ever dream of taking.

yours true forever and always, sunshine.