Chapter 23 ♾

Raegan's pov:

I walked into school, tired. I couldn't sleep last night. I kept tossing and turning. I walk to my locker and open it.

"Hi Rae." I hear as I close my locker.

"Hey." I say and hug him.

"You okay?"

"Yea. Just tired. I got like 2 hours of sleep."

"Oh. Why?" He asks.

I shrug. I really didn't know. The bell rings and I lean back on the lockers.

"Um Rae can we talk at the end of the day? It's important." He asks.

"Of course." I say and kiss his head.

I almost forget we aren't "dating" at the moment. I need to keep fighting. I won't stop until I have him.

°Lunch°

I sit down at my normal spot in the lunch room and Justin sits next to me. We start eating and talking and I see Alli walk in. She sits at the end of the table and sees me. She smiles and goes on her phone. Should I talk to her? Yea, no? Yea why not. I turn to Justin.

"I'll be back in a second."

"Where are you going?" He ask.

I nudge my head toward alli. He looks and nods.

"Go ahead."

I get up and sit across from her.

"Oh, hey." She says.

"Hi how are you? Any better?"

She sets her phone down and nods slightly.

"Yea I think so." She says.

I nod and smile at her.

"Why are you wearing long sleeves its hot." I say.

"O-oh...I don't know." She stutters.

"Are you sure? You even look like your sweating."

"Yes I'm fine. Just- go back to Justin I'm fine." She says quickly.

"Come on your sweating just roll up your sleeves" I say reaching for her arm.

She joils her arm away quick and her eyes water.

"What's the big deal?" I ask.

She holds her arm and I realize.....is she, cutting?

"Are you-?" I start but cant finish

She gets up and runs out with tears falling from her eyes. I get up and follow right away. She runs into the girls bathroom. Dammit. Justin comes running up to me.

"What's going on?" He asks.

"I think, Alli is-" I didn't want to say it.

Oh fuck it who cares. I open the door and run into the bathroom. There was a girl there. She runs out and I go up to alli who was standing near the window.

"Stop Rae go away." She says.

I reach for her arm carefully and and pulls away.

"P-please. You know I care." I say.

I reach again and she doesn't do anything. I pull up her sleeve and see multiple fresh cuts down up her arm. I run my thumb over them.

"Why?"

"Because Raegan I told you. I don't like my life! I don't have my father anymore and he was my only hope. My mom caught me before I almost killed myself last night. She screamed at me and I left the house. I don't want to go back home Rae." She says.