◄ Chapter 5 ► I Know That You Like Me

◄ Chapter 5 ►

I wake up the next morning with about three text messages, all from Derek.

Good morning! -Derek

Hey, you should sit next to me at lunch -Derek

No! Scratch that, don't read it. I'll sit next to you. -Derek

I laughed and snuggled into my pillow. I really didn't want to get up and go to to school. My bed felt really warm and welcoming. I laid in bed for a few more minutes until my phone vibrated in my hand.

I pulled up the text and nearly choked on my saliva. I placed my phone faced down and tried to stop my choking fit before looking at my phone again. Slowly I picked my phone up and looked at the screen.

I can't believe it, it's to early in the morning to be sending pictures. Too early.

I stared at his wet abdomen and felt the saliva build up in my mouth once again. His fingers gripped his wet hair and he was biting down on his bottom lip. It was a typical boy picture. His towel was around his waist and it was obvious he had just gotten out of the shower.

Hope you take a shower with this on your mind -Derek

◄►

I stuffed my books in my locker and nearly dropped my foods book when everything went dark. A cool metal touched the lid of my eye and I felt a person behind me.

"Did you think about me in the shower?" He says, causing his picture to flash in my mind.

"You know, most people say guess who when they cover someone's eyes not 'did you think about me in the shower?'." I reply and he laughs.

"I'll take that as a yes." He moves his hands and I open my eyes.

"Not confirming nor am I denying it." I close my locker and turn around.

"You know you liked my picture." He leaned forward, causing me to fall back against the locker.

He placed his hand on the side of my head.

Is it bad I saved the picture to my phone?

I shook my head and tucked my hair behind my ear.

"I felt implied to send one back but you know." I shrugged and his eyes roam down my body.

He looked back up at me and smiled.

"Second time I caught you in a skirt darlin. Trying to dress cute for me?" He slowly slid his tongue along his bottom lip.

"Thought i'd try something new." I say propping my leg up on the locker and hugging my books to me.

"I like it." He cupped my chin between his thumb and index finger.

"I like you." I lied, biting down on my lip.

He look slightly taken aback but then it passed over and replaced with amusement.

"We all knew the time would come." He leaned in closer.

"I want to try an experiment with you." I walked my finger up the middle of his chest.

"An experiment?" He arched his brow.

"Yes, I bet you can't be in a real relationship. With dates, cute text messages, do couple things and last longer than two months." I place my hand on his shoulder.

"A real relationship? With who?" He arched his brow.

"With me." I flash my best innocent smile.