◄ Chapter 16 ► More Than Just A Sexual Attraction

I tilt my head and stare at myself in the mirror. I held a strapless floral print shirt that zipped up in the back. The bottoms were light blue jean high waist shorts. I scrunched my nose and tossed it on the bed.

I was only in my bra and underwear and I was looking for something to wear to school. I woke up an hour and a half earlier so i'd have enough time to actually take the time to pick an outfit.

I huff and place my hands on my hips. There was a soft knock on the wall before my mother walked up the stairs.

"Mom!" I shout, quickly grabbing my blanket and wrapping it around my body.

"What? I gave you fair warning." She says not even bothering to cover her eyes. "You're my child."

I scoff rolling my arms and going back to my bed and looking at all the possible outfits I could wear.

There was a sparkly navy blue halter top and a black skater skirt but the top itched like crazy. Then there was a green camisole and tan khaki shorts with a tan halter jacket. There was nothing wrong with that besides the fact I hated the color tan on me.

There was also my light pink dress that hugged my curves and showed more shoulder and back than my mom would like. Then there was the sleeveless white blouse that buttoned up the front and was longer in the back than the front. That could go with any shorts I chose.

"What's with the multiple outfits?" She asked scanning the pieces of clothing on my bed.

"I'm trying to decide what to wear." I roll my eyes over to her.

"Since when did you care about what you wore?" She looked at me confused.

"I don't it's just..." I trailed off not really knowing how to explain my dilemma to my mother. "Schools ending for us soon and they're going I take a lot of pictures of the seniors for the yearbook." I lied they were basically done with that thing and I would be receiving it at prom.

"Oh." She nodded her head understanding my lie. She went back to looking at the clothes.

She let out a little soft sigh and looked at me then back at the clothes. After she had made up her mind she looked at me.

"Where the white shirt with the high waist blue jean shorts." She says. "I like it on you and since you're hairs growing out again it will actually frame you're shoulders once you put it down." She smiles.

◄►

As I walked into school I felt a little self conscious. There were reason why I had outfits like this stashed in a box on the shelf of my closet. My hair was down on my shoulders and one side was feathered away from my face.

Since the shirt was white it had to wear a black bra with it. I luckily had one that still fit and wore that.

I approached my locker and Derek was standing, more like leaning against my locker staring into space, there. He was gripping the strap of his bag for dear life and when he felt my presence he looked down at me. His eyes widened slightly and his jaw unhinged a little.

"You look..." He trailed off and closed his mouth. He swallowed and his Adam's apple bobbed in his throat.

"You're blocking my locker." I let out a soft laugh and he quickly shuffles out the way.

I stepped up to it and spun the dial and entered the combination.

"Monica." He says touching my elbow. I looked over at him and he was biting down on his lip. "When I said I was crazy about you, I really meant it." He reached up and caressed my face.