◄ Chapter 15 ► You're Cute

Chapter 15 You're Cute

"He's beyond saving Derek." I say running my fingers through my hair.

"No he's not, he just needs a girl to love him emotionally not physically." He replies as he stares at the road.

"Who do you expect to do that?" I look over at him and a sly smile cross over his cheeks.

I didn't know who he was thinking of but my phone started ringing. I look down and see that it was Madison. Then it came to mind.

She was always very emotional. Crying over little things and blowing up over absolutely nothing.

"Madison!" I say in shock, looking at him.

"And bingo was his name oh." He says, the smile still on his face.

"She's not going to fall in love with him." I shake my head.

"She fell in love with me and I'm pretty broken." He says and I let out a hoot of laughter.

"The only broken thing about you is probably your nose from the fight you got in." I hold my stomach as I laughed.

"Shut up and answer your phone." He grumbles and I do as he says.

I place my phone to my ear and wait.

"Finally! I was about to give up on you!" She exaggerates.

"Sorry, what did you want anyways?" I try my best not to sigh.

"Well Barbra Lockhart just moved away so a spot has opened up on the cheer squad, and we really need another before summer regionals. I remember how badly you wanted to join freshman year so I was thinking-"

"Freshman year I was desperate to do anything, cheer really isn't my-"

"But you got skill, spunk and a perky personality." She cuts in.

"Again that was freshman year." I say once again.

"Think about it, you have until the end of school." She hung up and I frown at my phone.

"You should do it." He says.

"Are you crazy, do you know how much those uniforms cost!" I stare at him like he's gone bonkers.

"I'll pay for it." He smiles, looking over at me.

"Derek I'm not-"

"Think about it. If you become a cheerleader you'll be closer to Madison. The closer you get with her the better chance you'll have of convincing her to fall in love with Calvin." He puts on the blinker as he's about to turn into the student parking lot.

"But I don't like Madison." I sigh, sinking down in my seat.

"Neither do I but it's our only option so far." He reminds and I sink further into the seat.

I sunk so far low that my knees were now touching the glovebox.

"Plus I think you'd look hot in that uniform." He glances over at me and he was smirking.

"Of course you would." I scoff rolling my eyes.

"Isn't that Destiny with Michael Hill?" Derek says in concern.

I quickly sit up in my seat to see what he was talking about. Destiny was indeed talking to the one and only Michael hill. He was leaning against his car and she spoke to him. She looked as if she was flirting but I'm pretty sure she wasn't, it wasn't like Destiny to talk to more than one guy at a time.