◄ Chapter 20 ►Prom's A No Go

◄ Chapter 20 ► Prom's A No Go

Are we still on for prom? -M

Yeah. -D

That was four hours ago. Around the same time Destiny had came over with her make up bag, and dress. Half of her long brown hair was twisted up into a bun and the other flowed and loose riglets. Her eyes shadow was a light shade of purple with glitter to match her dress.

Her dress crossed over her body and rested on her shoulder. The front stopped mid thigh and the back flowed down to the floor but didn't exactly touch the floor. It was a dark shade of purple and so were her nails.

I had to put extensions in my hair for my hair style. Half of it was curled up into a bun type thing and the rest was tight curls over my shoulders.

Destiny gave me the smokey eye look with her make up and the rest was just natural colors.

My dress was white and strapless. The top had grey and black sequins covering the white fabric beneath some of then trailed into the skirt of the dress but staid in the hem of it. The skirt of the dress flow down like a curt and split open to one side. Since the split went up to my hip there was another part that did the same but split at mid thigh the fabric of that was thicker than the one over it.

"Maybe you should call him." Destiny says causing me to look up from my phone.

"No." I shook my head. "He'll be here." I turn on my heels and head outside.

I was saying it more to convince myself than her and everyone else here. I stood out on the porch and the wind blew my dress around my legs.

A white van pulled up in the driveway and I smiled. On the side of the van said Switch It. A few seconds later the driver door opened and out came my uncle.

"There she is!" He says loudly and I laugh. "Man you've grown up since I've seen you." When he reaches me he pulls me into a hug.

"Where's Roxie?" I ask pulling away.

"She's coming it'll take her awhile." He turns around and looks at the van.

Roxie comes from around the passenger side looking like she was ready to explode any second now.

"Zane!" She shouted angrily at him.

He jumped off the porch and rushed to her side. She hit him repeatedly with her clutch and he flinched each time. I smiled at them and he helped her walk to the house.

"Look at you!" She smiles, opening her arms for a hug.

I lean in and give her a hug, careful not to squeeze her too hard.

"You're so beautiful! Last time I saw you, you were playing in the mud." She huffs a little winded.

"Come on lets get you in the house." I say helping her onto the porch.

We take slow careful steps into the house and sit her on the couch.

"Where's my brother?" She looks around.

"Somewhere." I shrug and there's a high pitched scream.

None of us was ready when Destiny came flying down the hall and attached herself to my uncle.

"Oh my gosh!" She smiles up at him. "Zane!"

"Hi Destiny." He laughed giving her a hug.

He was Destiny's first real crush and I thought it was kind of gross seeming he's like 34.