Chapter 39.

Alvin's POV

*Heart beats fast, colors and promises. How to be brave, how can I love when I'm afraid to fall*

  My heart is racing, That song plays as the door opens. Then, I saw her. Ang pinakamagandang babae para sa akin at siyempre, ang pinakamamahal ko. She looked like an angel. Pero siya naman talaga ang anghel sa buhay ko.

*But watching you stand alone, all of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow.*

And at this moment. . I realized that ever since.  I was certain. That she was the girl I would want to spend the rest of my life with. Kaya ko namang pigilan yung kasal dati eh. But I didn't. Because unconsciously, there was a part of me that wanted to marry her and give it a shot.   

*One step closer*

I smile as I wait for her to get here. Kasama nang daddy niya. I have dreamed of this before. Hindi lang ako makapaniwala, hanggang ngayon, na kasalukayan akong nasa kasal namin nang babaeng akala kong nawala na sa akin.  

*I have died everyday waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid. I have loved you*  

Totoo. I died everyday in those two years. Kakahintay na bumalik siya. I hoped that everyday someone would knock on my door  and it would be her saying that she was dying inside too. Hindi ko na siya sasaktan ulit. Alam ko hindi naman magiging perpekto pero hindi ko papayagang may luha na kumawala sa mga mata niya.

*For a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more*

Hindi ko man maamin dati. I loved her when we were kids, I loved her when we were teenagers, I loved her when we got married, I loved her when I lost her, I love her still and I will love her for eternity.

And today is the start of eternity.

Arissa's POV

Ang lakas ng kaba ko kanina.. .

*flashback*

Therefore if any man can show any just cause, why they may not lawfully be joined together, let him now speak, or else hereafter for ever hold his peace,   

Nagkaroon ng silence. Buti nalang, wala. Yes! Nakakatawa nga lang nung wala, nagkindatan si Alvin at Jacob. Halos matawa lang ako. Tas kami naman ni Pauline at Janna, nagkatinginan din. Hahahaha.

*end of flashback*

Priest: "The couple has elected to recite their own vows. . Arissa. . "

Hinarap ko si Alvin, wala pa nga pero parang naiiyak na ako.

Ako: "Alfred Vincent Reyes Castellana.  I remember dreaming about my own Mr. Right, the one they talked about in movies and books. When we first got married, I felt that you were someone who was. . arrogant, bossy, easily agitated, a playboy and just to sum it up. .I never thought that you would turn out to be the man that I dreamed of all my life.  But along the way there was a part of me that remembered the kid I played at the playground with, the teenager that gave me my first kiss and the person who swore to catch me when I fall. When I remembered, I found the husband who washed the dishes and talked about the future with me. Then, I realized, I don't need Mr. Right because even though you were wrong in so many ways. . I didn't have the need to find Mr. Right when I was with you and I just needed you. That's when it hit me. .  I have been in love with you all my life. I swear to be there for you, in our ups and downs ; to never give up on you, when problems get in the way ; to be someone you can lean on ; to be someone who would always understand ; to be your wife and best friend at the same time. And to fall in love with you over and over again until the day I die.  I swear to love you with all of me. I love you, babe. "

As usual, umiiyak ako. Siya din. Pero alam ko naman na ibang klaseng luha to. Luha nang dahil sa saya. Aheeeeeee. 

Priest: "That was beautiful. Alvin. . "

Alvin: "Arissa Serenity Ignacio Garcia. I never thought I would fall in love with you. Why? You were clumsy, loud, a crybaby and basically, your addiction to Sam Milby. I really think he's gay, though. Anyway, I admit I treated you bad because I wanted us to break-up. But when we were on the verge of doing so, I found myself afraid. Afraid of losing someone like you. You put up with my crazy temper and my childish behavior. And slowly, I saw the way your eyes light up when you look at me, the way you smile when I look at you, the way you blush when I tell you cheesy things, the way you feel sad when I'm sad. the way you turn red in jealousy when another girl's around. I found myself doing those things too. . for you. I've always loved you and it was just hard for me to accept that I would fall in love like this. I vow to take care of you, to never make you cry because of anything apart from joy, to watch Sam Milby movies with you, to be there when you wake up in the morning and be there hugging you while we sleep, to support you in everything you do, to grow old with you and to love you until my last breath. I'm never letting go. I love you. Then, now and always."

We exchanged rings, said our I dos. And it happened. . 

Priest: "By the power vested in me, I know pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

We kissed. They were clapping. 

In short, lahat kami .. . . masaya. 

_________________________________________________________________________

Sumasayaw kami ngayon. Sa reception. Alvin chose this song. Luma na daw at onti lang ang nakakaalam. Pero yun daw lahat nang gusto niyang sabihin sakin.  (A/N: Listen to it in the Multimedia,)

Alvin: "I love you, babe."
Ako: "I love you too. Ang saya pala nang ganito. Ang kulit mo sumayaw. Hahaha."
Alvin: "Eh medyo mabilis yung kanta eh."
Ako: "Cute."

Nagsayaw kami hanggang sa matapos yung kanta. Umupo kami ulit dun sa table. Biglang may magsspeech! Si Adrian.

Adrian: "I just want to welcome Arissa. . to the Castellana family. .again. And I couldn't be happier para sa inyong dalawa. I have never seen my brother as happy as when he's with you! We love you both and stay strong!'

Sumunod si Jane.

Jane; "Ano namang sasabihin ko dito? Hahahaha. Joke. I just wanna say that I'm happy for the both of you. Oh diba? English. I've watched my best friend fall in love with you and I've been there through it all. You are perfect for each other. And just keep on holding on. I love you both! At Alvin, paiyakin mo best friend ko. . .pepektusan kita. Seryoso."

Hahahaha. Loka loka talaga tong best friend ko. Tapos biglang sabi nung organizer na magslow dance naman daw kami ni Alvin.

Forevermore.

Ano ba yan. Nakakakilig lang.

Sayaw sayaw kami.

Natapos din. Nung natapos, nagpaalam si Alvin. C-cr lang daw siya. Natawa nga ako eh. Bumalik ako dun sa upuan ko sa table.

Nagulat lahat nang tao nung may magsalita sa mic. Boses nang isang babae. Pamilyar. 

"Akala mo magiging masaya kayo?! Hindi pwede!"

Hinanap naming lahat kung saan nanggagaling pero wala. . .

"Ikaw babae ka! Walanghiya ka!"

Lumingon lingon ako sa paligid. 

"ARISSAAAAAAAA!"

The next thing I knew, I heard a gun shot.

And in front of me. .. .

was. ..  

Jacob.

Hindi to pwede. Not Jacob!