chapter two

After hours of working, I decided to take some air.

"Hold on" I said to the next person about to enter the room.

I took the other door and went out. I stretch myself and decided to eat something, so I went to where drinks and snacks were sold. I bought a cold bottle of coke and gala, and sat down on one of the tables.
This year's camp will be different I thought, there were more students than last year. I thought I'll be through with the registration by now. I had registered Rita, Job and the twins but I was yet to register their two new friends. I was surprised when Micah told me about their  friends, I knew almost all their friends and I wondered why I had never heard about this two, he said they usually meet in their football matches,
Their friends were attending the camp for the first time.  He said their names were Jason and Steven.
Steven Galadima, as in Gen. J. Galadima

Galadima is a well respected name in my state, the man was wealthy, like filthy rich. He has companies all over the country and he had a foundation too.
I imagine his son would be one overfed, spoilt and arrogant kid. I laughed at that.

When I was through I went back to my duty, this time going through the front door to see the remaining people I had left, and was relieved when I saw they were not much.
When I sat down I called in the next person.

When it was almost 4 pm I asked the person coming in

" is there anyone else out there?

" no " he replied

"Oh thank God " I breathed

He kind of  looked at me in a funny way

" OK let's get to it then" I said
Name?

" uh Steven" he said

" surname ? I asked remembering Micah's friends

" uh Mangey "  he answered

" ok" I said realizing he's not Micah's friend, too bad I was looking forward to seeing this Steven Galadima. And they're supposed to be two but since this guy said he's the last person I guess they went to the other registration points.

"Name of school? I asked

" don't know yet" he replied

"Huh, what do you me mean? You don't know the name of your school? I asked

"Not really, I'm not going back to my school and I still haven't decided on the school I'll be moving to." He answered

"OK , what should I write then? I asked

"Anything..." He replied

"Ok if that's your choice,  do you live here? I asked
"I mean this city? I added.

"Yes " he replied

" Address and phone number "

He told me and I recorded it, then I wrote down his hostel name and group number on his tag and gave it to him.

" that will be all" I said

"Ok thanks" he replied

I expected him to stand up and leave but he just sat there. So I got up and start parking my stuffs.
When I was almost done I turned and saw that he was still sitting,  looking at me.

" what are you waiting for" I asked

"I was hoping you'll show me around since your through,  I'm new here" he said

"No oo am really tired" I said

" pleasssse......" He begged

Who is this guy I thought, why won't he just find his way like the other guys.

"Fine , I'll show you the boys hostel then you can make friends that will show you around" I replied.

"Ok ' he said
He looked like he didn't like the idea but he had no choice.

I picked my bag and we went out, that's when I took time to look at him properly. He was actually gorgeous, fine brown eyes, fair and had pink lips, he was tall and slim. I quickly looked away when he noticed me staring, damn! I should not be carried away I thought. why did I agree to show him the boys hostel, but I had already agreed to.

I walked and he followed beside me, I took him to the gate of the male hostel all this time never saying a word. I noticed he looked tired too.

"This is the male dormitory" I said

"Thank you" he said

I turned to leave

"Excuse me"
I turned around

"Can I know your name please? I heard him say

I looked at him, he was really good looking and he looked like the type of guy I need to stay away from. His hair was cut in a nice way and he wore a navy blue T-shirt with black crazy jeans and black boots. He looked cute in a bad boy kind of way, he got this look that could literally freeze you.  definitely a guy I should stay away from I thought, so I just turned and walk away without saying anything.