Chapter Five

Frankie's P.O.V.

It was morning, and I couldn't get myself out of bed. My eyes kept staring over to my phone that sat on my nightstand and waited for Damien's call. To know how much I'm starting to like this boy scares me more than anyone can understand. More than Becca can understand.

I sat up from my bed and ruffled my hair, but jumped when I heard my door open. "Good morning, sunshine!" Becca yelled out and popped her head through the crack of the door. I chuckled and shook my head at her. She came in, and walked up towards me and sat on the end of my bed. "What time did you go to bed last night?"

"Whatever time me and Damien decided to get off of FaceTime," I told her with a smile. She smirked, and we both started laughing.

"Things are starting to get pretty serious between you two," Becca said to me. I snorted and shook my head. "Oh come on, Franks. Why can't you just admit it?"

"Admit what?" I asked her. She just looked at me and I sighed. "I do like Damien. I know I like Damien, but it still does not change the fact that I dated Shayne first. His best friend I might add."

"Okay, but what is it really changing, Frankie?" she asked me. "Changes how you really feel about Damien? What are you afraid of, Frankie Brooks?"

I look away from her and noticed my phone was starting to go off. Damien was FaceTiming me. I looked back over at Becca who had the biggest grin on her face. I shushed her and unplugged my phone, and instantly answered his FaceTime. "Morning, Haas."

"Morning, Brooks" he said to me. He was already ready this morning, and it just made me feel a mess since I didn't even make myself look decent for this. "I hope I didn't wake you this time."

"Nope," I said with a smile on my face. "Is Damien Haas trying to get revenge on me for waking him up yesterday morning?"

"Maybe, or maybe I just really wanted to talk to you before I go to work," Damien said to me. I genuinely smiled and looked down at my bed. I looked back up to see Becca smiling at me this time, and she mouthed something I couldn't quite understand. "Why do I feel like your roommate is in the room with you?"

I got red, and even a bit redder when Becca snatched my phone out of my hand. "Hello there, Damien. You were absolutely correct." I couldn't even get up from my bed. All I could do was cover my face with my hands and hide how embarrassed I was. "She was just telling me how grateful she is to have you back in her life, and it made me realize that you should come over one day so I can officially meet you and see for myself how great you are. I mean, Frankie hasn't shut up about you since you helped her at Walmart."

I jumped up from my bed, and grabbed my phone as I heard Damien laughing which had Becca laughing. "Well," Damien started saying. I looked at Damien and raised my eyebrow. "I don't have to go to work just yet so how about I come over and we have lunch? All three of us?"

I open my mouth, but Becca popped up and said, "That sounds perfect." She told him the address, and he nodded. "We will see you soon, Damien."

"Becs, can I talk to him alone for a bit?" I asked her. She smirked and skipped out of the room. I groaned and looked back at Damien who was just smiling. "I'm seriously sorry about her. I don't know what has gotten into her."

"It's totally cool, Frankie," Damien said to me. "You actually should of heard Boze yesterday about you. But hey, you'll be meeting my best friends soon so I should meet your best friend." I raised my eyebrow at him. "Come on, it'll be fun. She seems cool, and it gets me out of my house. Just gets me into somebody else's house." I giggled and nodded my head. "I'll see you in a bit, Franks."