Chapter Twenty Six

Frankie's P.O.V.

Right when Noah walked out of the office, everyone's eyes went on me including Courtney's and Becca's from behind me. I looked over to Damien who was really confused to why Shayne walked out and then behind me seeing Courtney shaking her head at me. "What happened?" Matt Raub asked me. I turned back to look at him since he was still standing beside Damien and Tanner, and my heart couldn't stop pounding.

"Frankie, why did you bring that up?" Courtney asked me.

"Bring what up? What is going on?" Damien asked.

"She-"

"Courtney, you don't have to speak for me!" I yelled out. I started to get annoyed with how involved she was in all of this. I understand Shayne and her are close, but fuck, it's getting old and the fact that she's making this worse than it needs to be. I took a deep breath and looked at Damien. "I brought Veronica up by mistake."

Matt and Tanner both turned away and started scratching the back of their heads. "Franks.."

"It was an accident!" I announced. "It slipped out when we were having a conversation about the other night. He told me how he wasn't fine the whole night and when I asked why he wasn't, he got smart."

"So you decided to bring up the girl who you don't even know?" Courtney asked me.

"It wasn't like that," I said as I looked back at her. "I didn't mean for it too. It was just frustrating for me to keep hearing him say that he wasn't okay that night and kept changing the subject when I was talking about it s-"

"So you had to assume it was about Veronica?" Courtney asked me.

"Technically, it was about Veronica," Matt said to us.

I looked back at him and Courtney says, "That's not the point. Frankie doesn't need to get involved with that whole situation."

"Franks," Damien said to me. "I told you not to say anything to him about her."

"You told me not to say anything to him that night; you never said not to say anything after that night but either way, I didn't mean for it to come out. And I really don't get why it's such a big deal!" I yelled out, but not technically at Damien. I was just frustrated.

"I'm also just confused what you're fascination is about Veronica," Courtney said. I shook my head and kept my back turned from her.

"I just don't get why Shayne got so upset about her. I just don't get why everyone is keeping it a secret and I don't get why it just can't be explained to me," I stated.

"Veronica is just somebody we don't talk about anymore in this office," Tanner explained. "It was her choice to leave an-"

"That's as much explaining as you need to do, Tanner," Courtney retorted. I turned back towards Courtney and saw how awkward Becca was being. She had set her pencil down and just looked down at the floor not knowing what to say at this point.

"Why are you acting like this?" I asked her.

"Because one of my best friends had to walk out of here upset because of a dumbass remark you made," Courtney stated.

"Courtney, hold up," Damien said to her. "There's no need for the that. Frankie is just curious about the girl we keep mentioning."

"Frankie's curiosity just made your best friend walk out, Damien," she stated.

"Shayne would've walked out even if I had mentioned Ronnie," Damien corrected. "It's just a topic he doesn't like getting into, Courtney."

"But for what reason?" I asked him. "I'm glad everybody here knows why Shayne gets upset and angry over this girl yet I'm standing here confused as hell because she's been mentioned so much and I've heard so many different things that I don't even know is true."