Chapter Nine

Frankie's P.O.V.

"Why do you need to think this over?" Becca asked me. After my lunch with Damien and Boze, I came home to get ready for work, but Becca wasn't home and I couldn't tell her about what Boze said to me until this morning. "The answer is quite simple. You're going to meet everyone at Smosh today!"

"But Shay-"

"Fuck Shayne!" Becca yelled out. I shook my head and sat up on the couch. "Franks, you can't let him be the reason for everything. If you keep living in this past, it's going to ruin your future not only with Damien, but with yourself." I sighed and looked at her. "Please believe me when I say this, Frankie. I love seeing this happy side of you, and I don't want it to go away just because of a past with Shayne."

"I just know how weird it's going to be to see him again," I admitted to her. "I don't even know how he is going to react. I don't even know how I'm gonna react." I stood up and walked into the kitchen. I instantly heard Becca sigh and get up from the couch as well.

"It won't be as bad as you think," Becca said to me.

"You don't know that for sure," I told her as I went into the fridge and grabbed a bottled water. She was put her arms on the counter and leaned towards me. I was on the opposite side of her and started opening my water up. "I haven't seen him in over a year, Becs. Over a year and I just fear of how I'm going to react. Will it be awkward and we both just have everyone looking at us? Will we flip out on each other or will we.." I paused and took a drink of my water.

"If you think feelings are going to come back, you're absolutely wrong," Becca said. "Frankie, you have been over Shayne for a very long time. If feelings come back, it's because of what you guys had in the past and that's why you would think feelings are there, but I can promise you it's not." I sat my drink down on the table and looked down at the floor. "Don't ruin what you and Damien are creating."

"Creating?" I asked her with a chuckle.

"You know what I meant," she laughed out. "Is Damien suppose to be picking you up?"

"He said he would," I said. I groaned and looked down at myself. I wanted to look a lot more decent than normal because I didn't want them to think I was a slob.

"You look fine, Frankie," Becca said to me with a smile. "Damien is going to think you are hot with your white poka dot top and your high waisted black shorts. Not to mention you're wearing my converses, but hey, I won't argue with you." I started laughing and ruffled the back of my wavy hair. "Actually, I don't know how Damien would react. He is such a dork."

"Stop," I told her with a chuckle.

"Sorry," Becca chuckled out. "You know what I imagine?" I raised my eyebrow at her and she continued on. "I'm not saying this happened, but when I imagine you and Shayne together and you dressed like that, I could see Shayne being very protective of you where if a guy even looked at you, he would make such a big deal about it."

"That would kind of explain why I was never allowed to leave the house," I chuckled out. This time, Becca just looked at me and didn't react. "It was sort of like that when we first got together. Like I said previously to you, I didn't think I was the prettiest and I guess the older I got, the more attractive I was to other guys and Shayne was very defensive about it."

"Like if he was afraid of losing you?" Becca asked.

"Basically," I replied. "I don't know. Shayne was always so confusing. You never knew if he was just always happy or he was hiding so many different emotions. He so tough to read. We went out a lot when we first got together, but we never hugged, held hands, or kissed in public which I was perfectly fine with. PDA didn't bother me as much, but I know it can bother some people so I didn't argue with Shayne about it and either way, we were still having fun. He was my best friend.