Chapter Twenty Eight

Frankie's P.O.V.

My heart kept racing as I sat in Damien's car and watched him get out of the drivers side. I could barely even get my seatbelt off since my hands could not stop trembling, but as I took my seatbelt off, I jumped when my door opened. I looked over at Damien who chuckled at me and slightly shook his head. "Sorry to startle you. Just wanted to be a gentleman," Damien admitted.

"It's okay, Damien," I said with a nervous smile. "I'm jus-"

"I know," he said as he held his hand out. "But I know you and once you meet them, everything will be okay. I can promise you that." I smiled and took his hand as I got out of the car and shut the door behind me. "Now, lets go meet the women who might interrogate you just like Mari did when she first met you."

"You jus-"

"Shhh, you'll be fine," Damien said with a smirk. "Don't let my teasing scare you even more. Just take a few deep breaths and remember that everything is going to be okay."

I gripped his hand a little more while we were walking inside the hotel and I took one long deep breath as we sat down on the couch to wait for Brittany and his mom. He placed his hand on my thigh and I nodded my head at him. "Thank you, Damien," I said to him. "I know I'm just overthinking the whole thing, but I just don't want to give them a bad first impression. I'm not exactly good at those, remember?"

"That was just a misunderstanding," Damien admitted.

"No, that was me being me and not wanting to go back to that dark past of my life," I said. I looked down at my lap and played with my nail. "I didn't want to meet your friends that way and I didn't want to start shit with everyone. Hell, I didn't even give Tanner a good first impression. He probably thinks of me of the girl who can't keep her damn mouth shut."

"Franks, stop," Damien said to me. I closed my eyes and slowly looked away from Damien. This wasn't the time to have this conversation; not right before meeting Damien's mom and sister, but I couldn't hold that back. These nerves have controlled me and to the heart that was beating normally, it was beating really fast now. I scared myself and that wasn't much of a surprise to me.

"I'm sorry," I said as I sniffled and looked up at the ceiling so tears couldn't fall. Light makeup or not, I didn't want it ruined and that be a first impression for them. "I just needed to let that out on how I've felt about that. About everything there at Smosh HQ and even with you and Shayne's friendship."

"What do you mea-"

"I don't want to be this burden on your guys friendship. You guys have been friends a hell of a lot longer than w-"

"Frankie," Damien said. He squeezed my thigh and I finally looked at him. The look in his eyes and the soothing tone in his voice made me a little bit calmer. Shayne wasn't going to be the one to ruin this relationship; it's going to be me if I don't stop overthinking about everything. I can't lose Damien. I just can't. "Baby, you're not a burden on our friendship and you're not a burden on anybody. Everyone at Smosh loves you and they are so glad you are becoming a big part of their life. I know Boze is glad too since she has another girl best friend."

"That rough, huh?" I asked him.

"Took her a bit of time to get use to Veronica not being around, but once we did Summer Games, she was okay," Damien told me. "But we do love having you around. You make us happy with that beautiful smile of yours and that perfect personality." A real smile started to appear on my face and I could finally make eye contact with him. "Sure you have a rough beginning meeting some of them, but they all still adore you; including Courtney and Shayne."

I chuckled and shook my head. "How do you know that's true, Damien?" I asked him. I really didn't want him knowing that Shayne hated me because that'll just make him question Shayne and I didn't need Shayne running his mouth anymore than he has.