8

Jane

Tomorrow was Daisy's fourth birthday, but today we were having dinner with my parents at their house.

As we got there, I was surprised to see all my siblings had been visiting. We hugged and greeted each other as we took a seat at the dining table.

My mom had a big smile on her face as we all sat down. My dad smiled at her as she cleared her throat. "So there's a few reasons why today is so special." She smiled. "Phoebe go ahead."

Phoebe stood and took a deep breath. "Well, for those who don't know, I'm dating a woman." My siblings dropped their forks, but let her continue. "I have identified as bisexual because although I am in love with a woman, I still enjoy that di-"

"Phoebe!" My mom stopped her. She laughed sitting down. Everyone smiled at Phoebe, but she ignored us, bored talking about her sexuality. "Next big order of business, Daisy."

"That's me!" She smiled big making everyone chuckle.

"You turn four tomorrow sweetheart, and we're all here to celebrate." My mom said happily to her. I kissed her forehead. "I also want to talk about how grateful we are that Harry is okay." Harry thanked her. I kissed his cheek and he thanked everyone for caring so much. He was still very shy with the family.

"Last order of business." My mom looked down at my dad. "Honey?"

"Kids, your mom and I are renewing our vows this Valentine's day." Everyone smiled and cheered, but me. I sat there looking at the ring on my finger and felt a lump in my throat. I looked up and Phoebe gave me a look. I forced a smile and hugged my parents. After we all calmed down and my dad went to check the grill, I excused myself.

I felt really stupid as I walked into the garage sitting on the floor against the empty wall. I took off my wedding ring and sighed.

Two cousins, Harry's mom, Olivia, and now my own mother would have a wedding before me.

I shook my head feeling stupid for caring so much. But Harry promised me a million times a wedding of my dreams. Everything got in the way of planning and so after a while, it seemed to leave me questioning why even try? I heard the garage door open and Harry walked in. "You alright?" He scratched his head.

"No." I shook my head. "We're never going to have a big wedding." He walked over and sat in front of me. He seemed confused almost as to why I was holding my ring, so I put it back on.

"Of course we are, I told you after Olivia and Louis' wedding we would have one." He said cheerfully.

"Harry, you said the same thing after your mom's wedding and then after my cousin's wedding. After 'Liv's wedding we have my parents." I shook my head. "I'm sick of getting excited just to be let down."

He sat closer in front of me and held my hands. "Baby, I swear on everything I have, that the first of January we will start planning our wedding. It's going to be better and more beautiful than any other wedding. Baby, I'm talking doves, fucking fireworks, and Ed Sheeran singing our song." I cracked a smile. "Oh, there's my girl, such a beautiful smile." I hugged him. "Look at your ring finger." I looked and the curved 'H' was still beautifully inked on my skin. "I look at mine every day and feel blessed to have you as my wife."

"Me too." I hugged him closer. We sat there for a minute until I finally sighed. "I shouldn't be worried about this right now. My baby turns four tomorrow." He nodded as his eyes began to water and he held me tighter.

"Let's go back to dinner before I cry." I kissed his cheek.

*
*
*

Harry and I tiptoed into Daisy's room and Mickey looked at us. "Shhh," Harry told the dog, who just laid back down in his bed.