38*

Jane

As we were about to leave for the wedding the manager came by and offered us an updated room and a refund. The updated room had a giant bathtub and a better view of the city. Way higher than the one before.

All the moving made Harry and me late to the wedding. We were both nervous on the ride up fifteen floors to the actual reception on the rooftop.

"This has been the best trip if you skip the part where we were trapped in the elevator." I joked.

"Free room and two upgrades." We were just a few minutes later than planned, but had our names on the list as Des told us. Harry kept squeezing my hand as we walked through the party, a thing we did when either one of us was nervous.

The roof glowed with twinkly fairy lights and round tables filled with people. There was a bar and a giant table of desserts and treats, right next to a bar with bottles upon bottles of alcohol.

I looked around and noticed the beautiful bride. I grabbed our gift and walked with Harry towards the gift table to set it down.

Making our way to Melanie she noticed us and let out a loud scream. "Oh my gosh! You did come!" She ran over and hugged us. She was causing a scene, but it was nice she was excited. She looked around and began calling out. "Dessie look your brother came!" Suddenly there was a drop of forks and a few people looked our way. "Oh shit, I forgot." She put her hand over her mouth.

Harry cleared his throat. "It's alright, you look amazing and this is, besides my wedding, the nicest wedding I've ever seen." She gasped.

"Thank you, please sit down you guys are in table seven, I remember because I booted two of my cousins from there." We chuckled.

Des walked over in his nice suit and shook Harry's hand. "I'm so excited to see you man, please have a seat, grab a drink, dinner is about to be served." Harry thanked him and walked with me to the table. He had his hand behind my back and pulled out my chair.

Our table, luckily, was work friends and random single people. Sort of the extra table, which I wasn't complaining about because that means we can have a conversation with people without them asking personal questions.

Harry and I were served food and ate making small conversations with a man named Leo.

He was a work friend of Melanie and didn't really know anyone. "There is no way you two have three kids." I laughed taking a sip of my lemonade.

"Swear to god our daughter is almost six and our twins are five months." Leo is an interior designer and according to him after he complimented my dress, he is 'very gay and not hitting on me.'

"Girl you did not have twins you look amazing." I blushed.

"Oh that's so sweet, I thank breastfeeding and walking the kids for this." He nodded taking a sip of his drink.

"Oh? Maybe I should try it." He joked. Harry looked around and kept staring at the dessert table.

"Baby just goes get some," I told him. He nodded excusing himself to get some treats. Leo looked at him and back at me.

"Girl you're a man is fine." He teased me.

I giggled. "I know." He snorted.

"What does he do for a living, he's not much of a talker." He asked.

"Well, he owns a car detailing shop with his best friend in California. He's a little shy because the groom is his long lost brother." He gasped. "Yeah they have the same father, but he had an affair with Desmond's mother while Harry's mom and he were still together," I explained everything and he just looked shocked.