20*

Jane

June 7th

It was the last day of school and all my kids gave me hugs as they were picked up by their parents. We waved until all of them were gone, ready for the summer.

I grabbed my stuff and went back to my classroom, to change my outfit into a dress for Daisy's preschool graduation.

I walked as quickly as I could across the school to the preschool area, where parents were already seated.

Looking around I saw Harry sitting next to Phoebe, Lisa, and my parents. I walked over and was greeted by a few staff members and parents.

Harry moved the flowers he got Daisy from the chair so I could sit down. "Just in time." I looked at him and was greeted with a peck on the lips.

"Yup, did you change?" I nodded. Holding his hand. "Are you okay?"

"Excited to see my baby, she's been practicing her quote and solo for days." Daisy was going to sing the ABC song and the kids repeated after her, and then she was going to say a quote she learned this year. "I'm also a bit nervous about my doctor's appointment later," I told him. I was going to get my birth control out.

"Well it should be quick, and then we're back to con-" he stopped looking over at our parents who were talking to my sister.

"Oh no my parents will hear us talking about sex, we have a daughter, Harry." He let out a sarcastic laugh.

About a minute later the lights dimmed in the room and music began playing. Harry handed me my camera as I waited for Daisy to come in. I took so many photos of her and watched as the teacher gave her speech. When they began singing and showing off what they learned, we all watched closely as the kids danced around.

"And now I would like to bring up miss Daisy Styles, one of my most enthusiastic students who would like to say her favorite quote from our inspiration wall in our room." I clapped my hands and took another picture as she stood on the chair to reach the microphone.

"Hello, my name is Daisy Gemma Styles, I'm four years old and my quote is from Maya Angelou, and she said 'If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.' Thank you." Everyone applauded and as I looked over at Harry he had tears in his eyes.

"Baby-"

"She's the most precious thing I've ever seen." He told me wiping his eyes.

*
*
*

After her graduation and photos, we all went out to her favorite pizza place to eat lunch.

Phoebe wanted to take her out to get Ice cream and to the mall for the candy store. It worked out for me since Harry wanted to go with me to the doctor's office.

I played with Daisy until I looked at the time and we had to leave. Her dad carried her to the car where we each gave her a big kiss. "Mommy's so proud of you, baby. Auntie is going to take you out for a while and I'll see you at home later, okay?"

"Okay, what kind of candy do you like mommy?" I thought about it.

"Gummy bears." She giggled kissing my cheek. "Love you."

"Love you." Harry and I said back.

After they drove away we went to the house so I could take a shower and then quickly made it to the doctor. The nurse took my vitals and gave me a paper to fill out.

I sat on the bed filling it out while Harry looked at the model of the vagina.

"Having fun there?" I asked him. He put it back quickly and grabbed a magazine.