30*

Jane

I was in my classroom after school cleaning up my stuff. Daisy sat playing with my phone while I looked for my lesson book.

My back was killing me and I felt exhausted. I put everything in my bag and told Daisy to follow me.

When I arrived home my car light went on for my battery, I had to remember to tell Harry.

It was Valentine's day, but I had told Harry we shouldn't get anything big for each other. I had gotten him a box of his favorite chocolates and a card.

We went inside the house and I sat down on the couch. "Are you tired, mommy?" I nodded. My sweet baby helped me take off my shoes and began rubbing my feet.

"Oh, sweetheart that's so nice of you." She smiled at me.

When she was done she walked over to her backpack and showed me all her Valentine's cards from her friends.

Later when Harry came home I was making dinner when he walked through the house. He had his hand behind his back as he came into sight. "Happy Valentine's day, baby." I walked over and kissed him.

"Happy Valentine's day my love." He pulled behind him a small box. I gasped. "Harry I said no presents." He shrugged handing it to me. I opened it and gasped. "Aww!"

Inside was a rose gold ring made of small hearts. It was the same color as the promise ring I wore on my other hand. "Do you like it?" I nodded putting it on my middle finger.

"Oh my god, you spoil me so much." I held his face kissing him all over his face.

"Eww!" Daisy said sitting down reading her book. "No kissing." I looked at her and put my arms around Harry.

"Why, I love daddy." I pecked his lips a bunch of times, purposely making loud kissing noises.

She groaned walking to Harry and hugging him. He picked her up and kissed her cheek.

"Daisy I have something for you too." He pulled out of his pocket a small bracelet. He put it on her and she hugged him. "No kiss for me?" She gave him a kiss and held him close.

I leaned into his other arm and looked at our little family. "I love you both," I said. "Now move or I'll burn dinner."

*
*
*

As my due date began to get closer and I was now almost eight months, the babies wouldn't uncross their legs.

Today I was determined to find out what they were. We decided on doing a 3D ultrasound. Harry seemed very nervous, but always supportive.

They set us up in a very dim, clean, comfy, room as we waited for the ultrasound technician. Daisy couldn't come with us because she had school. Harry had come straight from work so he had on his hat and a dirty work shirt. "I look gross."

"You look fine, I'm nervous," I said rubbing my belly. "And tired, I can't wait until next month when I'm able to be home all day." He chuckled.

My maternity leave works out for me because the time they give me off begins at the end of April and lasts through the summer.

"You have a lot of work to do huh?" I nodded. A knock was heard and the technician came in introducing herself. She was very good at explaining everything to us. I laid back as she began the ultrasound. Harry watched closely as it was fuzzy. Suddenly there was a little baby on the screen. "Oh my god." He gasped.

"Okay so that's the baby on the left, baby A. You would like to know the sex, right?" We nodded quickly. She lowered the machine and there it was. "It's a little girl." I gasped.