Chapter 7: Car Malfunction

Its night time again and the Chipmunks and Chiipettes are beyond bored. "Ughh, I'm so bored" Brittany Groaned "Well, what about you guys get some sleep its 7:00 Pm already anyway" Dave suggested and everyone yawned "Okay Dave" Simon said. Brittany closed her eyes but quickly snapped it open because Alvin positioned her head on his lap and put her feet on the seat. "What are you doing?" Brittany asked "So you'll be more comfortable" Alvin answered "What about you?" Brittany asked and Alvin smiled "I have the window to lean on" Alvin said then Brittany felt his forehead then his neck "Now, what are you doing?" Alvin asked "Just making sure you didn't caught my fever because you slept with me last night" Brittany said and Alvin laughed "What?" Brittany asked "Yeah, I SLEPT with you last night" Alvin said emphasizing the words slept while being careful so Dave won't hear. Brittany gasped and slapped Alvin's arms "You just sleep with me on the same bed you dirty minded munk!" Brittany said while Alvin continued to laugh "Yeah, yeah. Don't worry that's just for now maybe next time you'll invite me to go further than just sleeping on the same bed" Alvin joked "Alvin!!" Brittany said and sat up "I was just joking" Alvin said and pulled Brittany back down on his lap. "That's not funny" Brittany said then yawned "You're sleepy , go and sleep. I won't bother you" Alvin said "So you don't caught my fever?" Brittany asked "What do you think?" Alvin asked "No, but you're just being so weird through out the day, and you're helping ne earlier and now you're letting me sleep on your lap to be more comfortable." Brittany said "Well, you scared me last night" Alvin said "Really?" Brittany asked narrowing her eyes. "Yah you made me so worried, you look so lifeless and pale. Then when you woke up you said you feel like air is being drained out of you. Then you were like Alvin, my head hurts so bad and I feel dizzy theen you said you never felt that sick in your entire life. Seriously who wouldn't get worried" Alvin said "Sorry" Brittany said then Alvin looked at her and saw her being sencere "Its alright, its not your fault you get sick" Alvin said smiling and Brittany smiled back up at hima then shivered which made Alvin frown. He felt Brittany's forehead. "You're burning up again" Alvin said. Britttany just nods her head. "Dave, did the doctor gave you an extra medicine?" Alvin asked "Yes, why?" Dave asked "Brittany's burning up again" Alvin said worriedly. "What? What about Jeanette and Eleanor?" Dave asked then alvin shook Simon. "Yes Alvin?" Simon asked "Brittany's burning up again. What about Jeanette and Eleanor?" Alvin asked then Simon felt the temperature of the other two "Nope, they're just fine" Simon said "Let her drink this" Dave said giving Simon the Paracetamol. "Why him?" Alvin asked "Well, Alvin he knows the measurements" Dave said "Its 5ml right Dave?" Simon asked "Yes Simon" Dave answered and Simon use the medicine cup and check if he got it right "There, Alvin push her up a little bit, careful-" Simon was cutted off "I know what I'm doing" Alvin said as he helped Brittany up who's using her hand to support her while sitting up. Simon fed her the medicine she swallowed it and coughed a lot of times. "Water" Simon said and Dave pulled out a water from a brown paper bag and Simon helped Brittany drink it then after that he recapped the water and put it on the floor and Alvin lay Brittany back down gently. "How are you feeling?" Alvin asked "Alvin the medicine won't effect yet, just let her rest" Simon said "I'm just asking" Alvin said and Simon rolled his eyes. Simon checked Jeanette's and Eleanor's temperature and sighed in relief since its normal. Suddenly the car stopped. "What the?!" Alvin asked as he almost let go of Brittany. "Dave, if you're going to park to sleep, please slow down" Alvin said "No Alvin, the car just stopped all by itself and I can't seem to start the engine" Dave said "Seriously, could this night get any better?!" Alvin asked then The thunder crashed super loud making the ground shake that woke everyone up. "What's going on?!" Theodore asked. The ground continued to shake "I think its an earthquake caused by a lightning hitting the ground, it wouldn't last long" Simon explained then a tree branch fell right in front of the car thankfully missing the glass or else Dave would've been sent to a hospital. "Oh come on!" Alvin exclaimed "Alvin don't yell, my head hurts" Brittany said "Oh sorry" Alvin said then the ground stopped shaking. "Phew, thank God that was over" Eleanor said and noticed Theodore is still crying. "Theo, its all good now. Please stop crying" Eleanor said "Okay, thanks Ellie" Theodore said then wiped his tears "What are we gonna do now?" Simon asked "I'll call a tow truck" Dave said but noticed there isn't any signal. "Unfortunately, I don't have any signal. Do you guys have?" Dave asked "No" Everyone except Brittany said "What about Brittany's?" Dave asked and Brittany slowly sat up and reach for her phone in her bag "No Dave, Sorry" Brittany said "Are you feeling much better now?" Dave asked "A little, just feeling a little dizzy" Brittany answered "Well, she still had a fever" Alvin said feeling Brittany's forehead "You guys stay here, I'll see if I can get help or find at least a temporary shelter" Dave said "Okay" Everyone responded. After an hour Dave returned "Good News, I found an Inn. We can stay there for the night and see if there'll be a signal the next morning so we can call for help" Dave said and everyone agreed. The Chipettes are wearing their leather jackets in their favorite colors for them not get cold and the chipmunks are holding their umbrella's, well Alvin's carrying Brittany like a Baby because shse's not too well to walk. She tried but she always stumble because of dizziness. "Of all the times, why do we have to have a car malfunction in the middle of a dark forest" Alvin said to himself. Brittany looked at him then frowned and closed her eyes. She really felt sorry for Alvin because had to walk while cayrrying her. Alvin felt worried for Brittany because its raining and shes sick and they have to walk a lot to get towards that Inn Dave is saying.