Chapter 46: Confined

Note: the fotllowing information isn't given a hypothesis yet but some do claim it happens especially when medically induced.

After listening to Dr. John speak and explain for an hour and signing all the papers and terms for 30 minutes. Yup... Its that many. Dave sighed as he turned towards the oblivious chipmunks and remaining chipettes who fell asleep at the bench. He stood up from the chair and thanked Dr. John. "I'll be just behind the Mirror sir" Dr.  John said as he stood up as well and shook Dave's hand, then he left the room. Dave then slowly sat down beside his adopted family and gently woke them up.

"Alvin,  Simon, Theodore.. Jeanette, Eleonor" He said then gently shook them making then stir and stretch.

"Dave.. So what did Dr. John said? " Simon asked being the inquisitive one.

"He said that its normal to have hallucinations after being in a medically-induced comatose." Dave explained

"wait, wait medically induced? But Brittany fell oh into coma naturally" Simon said

"No she didn't.. The Veterinarian told me that she puts her into coma using a sedative to let her heal without experiencing to much pain since she's fast asleep" Dave explained. The chipmunks and ettes were shocked.

"Wh-why didn't you tell us then?! " Alvin asked really shocked

"I forgot" Dave excused

"Forgot?!  We literally just discussed how come she got into coma before she woke up! " Alvin protested crossing his arms.

"Okay fine... I know you wouldn't agree" Dave said

"Oh yes I definitely won't" Alvin said seriously

"I kind of agree with the veterinarian.. Brittany had a minor blood clot in her brain thus they need to cut her head open.  It will be painful for her if she's awake while healing" Simon said thoughtfully

"I agree with Simon" Jeanette said while Theodore and Eleanor remained quiet.

"But look what it got us into?! Aren't you worried about Brittany? " Alvin asked while pacing

"Of course we are Alvin.. Plus at least we know that she can still recover" Simon said tuening to Dave for reassurance

"I actually can't say but we'll see" Dave said honestly giving them a small smile and they all sighed simultaneously. "Now,  who wants to go visit Brittany? " He asked and that made everyone brighten up.

Meanwhile...

Brittany is still fast asleep. 2 hours and 40 minutes have already passed by. The nurses just sat there in case she woke up. But they do hope that her family will arrive before then so Brittany wouldn't wake up with unfamiliar faces. She might become impulsive once again if that happens especially she's already in an unfamiliar room... Behind the Mirror,  there stood Dr. John. He's monitoring the chipette from there, behind the one way mirror. Its reflective on the side of Brittany but from Dr. John its like a window pane... One of the nurses-the one wearing glasses- then walked out.. After 5 minutes she appeared beside the Doctor.

"So tell me what have occured? " Dr. John asked

"She's been flailing around violently before we put her to sleep." She explained and the Doctor nods his head and started writing on his notepad.  "She's been calling for someone named Alvin? for help though" She added

"I think that one individual or chipmunks can make her feel secured and safe" Dr. John told her and she nods her head.

"She's about to wake up where's her family? " Asked the nurse