Chapter 43: Flat Line and A Miracle

In a hospital someone opened her blue eyes.  "Brittany, are you really awake this time" Alvin said tears falling down everyone crowd around her. But suddenly "Beeeeeeeeeepppp" The Heart monitor Wailed.

"She's coding! " Simon exclaimed "quick Call the nurse! " He added. Alvin don't know what to do. He just stand there staring at The Chipette's lifeless body.  Its eyes still wide open. Jeanette and Eleanor just cried hugging their sister and Theodore who's fast asleep woke up and started panicking as well. Dave and Simon are the only one that got the hold of themselves. Dave took action by running out of the room while simon pressed the call button. Suddenly a Doctor with tons of Nurses swarm the room.  The last thing Alvin saw is the door closing in front of him as he was dragged out by His Father.

An hour later the doctor went out. "She made it" He said and everyone sighed in relief. "A miracle occured. We announced the time of death already. But then the heart monitor started beeping and she's fully awake now" The Doctor added and everyone smiled widely.

"Ca-can we now see her?! " Alvin asked with hopeful and excited tone

"Of course you can but don't stress out the patient" The doctor said

"Yes, of course  thank you" Alvin said and rushed in the room followed by his siblings and Jeanette and Eleanor.

"Brittany" Jeanette said hugging her sister with Eleanor

"Jean,  Ellie" Briittany said looking confused. "Where are we? what happened? " She asked

"We got into an accident" Simon said

"You were fast asleep that time so you didn't remember or even saw it" Alvin explained.

"Oh... How long have we been here? " Brittany asked. She can't help but feel a little curious about time.

"3 weeks and 4 days to be exact" Simon answered

"But it feels like 2 months" Alvin said and Brittany slowly nods her head then widened her eyes

"I've been sleeping for almost 4 weeks?! " She asked really shocked

"Yeah but don't stress over it right now. You just woke up, you don't want to go back in comatose don't you? " Simon asked

"Relax Brittany" Alvin said "Everything's fine" He added "How are you by the way? " Alvin asked

"Head ache" She simply answered

"I'll get you water" Theodore said and Dave followed him outside.

"We missed you so much britt" Eleanor said

"Ywah you had us worried" Jeanette added

"I'm sorry" Brittany said

"Don't be,  its not your fault you guys got into an accident" Jeanette answered

"Wait?  We?  How about you two? " Brittany asked

"Eleanor and I went to got o the bathroom and when we return out we saw you guys got hit by a truck" Jeanette explained

"Oh then that's good" Brittany said. "How about you guys,  how are you? " Brittany asked the remaining chipmunks.

"Theodore isn't that harmed.  Alvin managed to get gashes, while I got a broken left Arm to save theo from the impact, he"s about to fall when I caught him" Simon explained and Brittany nods her head again.

"Dave got broken right leg" Alvin added. "I'm sorry I wasn't able to protect you that much. I tried but I didn't noticed that,  that, that your head is still sticking out of my embrace. I was out of seat drinking water when I heard a honk and I rush back up and saw, saw the truck heading our way" Alvin said trying not to cry.

"Alvin" Brittany whispered

"Forgive me" Alvin continued

"Its not your fault,  you shouldn't apologize" Brittany said and noticed tears threatening to fall. "Come here" She said and Alvin confused slowly approached her and sit down beside her. Brittany warpped her arms around him and pecked gis cheek. Alvin blushed a little. "Its not your fault" She whispered and Alvin huggeed her back letting his tears fall.

"I'm just so worried about you. I missed you" Alvin said

"Thank you for worrying and I'm sorry for worrying you" Brittany said

"Yo-you almost died" Alvin cried. Everyone just stared at the two. Too shocked to see alvin cry and too shocked to see those two getting along,  comforting one anaother. Sure,  not the first time but its rare.

"I wouldn't go anywhere else again. I won't leave again" Brittany whispered rubbing the Chipmunk's back

"Promise? " Alvin asked pulling away and Brittany look at him with a warm smile cupping his cheek with her right hand.

"I promise" She answered then wiped his tears away. Both of them smiling wide.

I'm supposed to post 3 chapters at once but I'm still writing the second chapter and I started writing a new book again. So I'll post this first to not keep you waiting. I'm so sorry. Thank you for reading and appreciating my works.