His Princess..........Chapter One (pic. of Emilyn)

Chapter 1.

I peeked around the corner checking for the guards. Right. Left. Nobody. The coast was clear. I felt the smile stretch across my face as I sprinted quickly down the marble hallway. My light pack hitting my back as I ran.

 Right. Right. Left. Left. I had memorized everything, when she was going to meet and where. Of course, Zander and his 'connections' as he put it also helped.

I made it to the corrider and opened up the doorway that was almost hidden in the old traditional carving wall. Opening the doorway let out a foul stench of air that made me wonder why I did the things I did for revenge. But nevertheless I crawled through the dusty corridor that Zander said was supposed to be a shortcut to the garden as that was where they were meeting.

I started to cough. Boy, was it dusty down here!

That boy is gonna get an earful for not dusting this place! I thought angrily as I crawled as carefully as I could.

  Then I felt the sneeze. Not good. I tried to hold it in. But, alas, no can do. It reverberated throughout the tunnel and then I felt a cold dread filling up inside me.

 Even though the door to the opening was closed I could hear...Voices... Outside...

A mumble... then a voice spoke, and then another. But all I could make out was "noise" and "missing". Footsteps I think I heard.

I banged my head on the wall of the tunnel. Why did they find me missing! How! I had the pillows arranged... and Zander was supposed to cover for me! "There went my chance of showing who she was..." I trailed off miserably.

Abort Mission...

Then the voices stopped... I think. I backed away from the wall.. crawled forward towards the tunnels entrance a bit more. Then I thought I saw movement, so I pulled the taser out quietly and moved closer to the doorway. Moving, breathing, looking, moving, breathing...

   "You suck at stealth."

I stifled the scream that was lodged in my throat and went full animal instinct as I jumped to the voice's direction and landed on top. But the person rolled us over so I was underneath. I tried the taser but the person had kicked it out of my hand already. I groaned. I should have tried the self-defense class!

"You suck at defense."

 I got angry. Zander had officially no right to be doing this to me. I mean I was my fathers daughter for crying out loud! I got even more angry when I realized that he did not cover for me as he was supposed to.

  "You suck at covering my back." I retaliated.

"You suck at insults."

  "You suck at everything!" I said as my patience snapped with him.

"I guess we're the same then,"  the manly voice said with a chuckle.

"Nu-uh."

"Yu-huh"

"Nope."

"Completely."

"Get off." I all but growled. He chuckled again. Rolling off, I searched for my taser which he handed to me. I put it in my pack. I looked up at him, as I could make out his piercing blue eyes looking in my light brown eyes. I sighed and rubbed my hand over my face.

"Is the meeting over? How did the guards find me?" I questioned him with my face in my hands.

"Luckily, I decided to follow you, and a guard saw you run, but I knocked him out. As for the other question, I think its over... because I saw my 'connection person' dead. Either one," he counted off his fingers."-they found out what he did by telling or two, finished meeting and disposed of someone who knew what was happening."