New Additions

//

Lauren was such a sweetheart. Her raspy voice was very soothing for me and Dinah to listen to while she talked about how her and her husband came to call this place their home. Lealia and Nala took an automatic liking to her because of her eyes, which I could understand. How could one not be intrigued by them?

We all continued to follow her down to a very dark corridor of the castle. It was more dark than the vast room we came out of, if that was even possible.

"Don't be frightened by how this looks," Lauren assured Dinah and me. "It's not as bad as it seems. Our girls prefer living down here so they can have some privacy."

"You and Ty have daughters?" I asked. I hadn't realized that it would make sense for them to have children, seeing that they were married.

"Not by blood," she replied with a little chuckle. "They've lived with us for about as long as we've been here, so we became really close."

Dinah and I nodded as we continued to follow her into the dark corridor. It was huge. The ceilings were very high up, with candles mounted on the walls. There were door frames on them, but they had no opening. It was a little strange.

Lauren walked up to one of them and placed her hands on the stones

Lauren walked up to one of them and placed her hands on the stones. Inhaling deeply, her eyes shot open, glowing an intense shade of green, as did her hand, causing the stone wall to descend into the ground. We all were stunned.

"How did you do that!?" Dinah asked, eyes bugged out. Lauren started laughing with amusement.

"You'll find out in due time love." There she goes being mysterious again. "Try to step lightly. She's most likely still sleeping. She's more of a night owl you know?"

"Naega kkaeeo," we heard someone say. "I'm awake". None of us could recognize the language she spoke.

"My apologies," Lauren said to us, "she only speaks in her native tongue when something's bothering her."

"Normani does the same thing!" Nala said. I giggled and nodded towards Lauren.

"What language did she speak?" Dinah asked.

"Korean." We all looked behind Lauren to see a beautiful woman walk up to us. Her features were unlike any I've ever seen. Her eyes were an almond shape with a slant. Her nose was small and compact, just like her lips. When she smiled, her eyes seemed to smile with her quite literally. She had silver gray hair that went down past her shoulders. She exuded confidence.

"Everyone, this is Lady Lee," Lauren said, introducing us. The woman now known to us as Lady Lee bowed before addressing us.

 The woman now known to us as Lady Lee bowed before addressing us